Thursday, July 11, 2013
Day 11: 15 Of My Favourite Things
Just play it.
You won't be able to continue reading the post until you do.
Trust me.
The minute I sat down to write this post, it started running through my head and finally I gave in to the demon and sang it...
Only I sang it like this:
"Milk foam on bum calves and strong brewed black coffee,
Old cowboy boots and ice cream from Softee(s)
Postcards and Calvin and when my kid sings,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Books by my bedside and Grandma's sweet roses,
Running at daylight and puppies' wet noses,
Trout streams that run through the mountains from springs,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Old hymns from childhood and notes from my friends,
Doris Day movies and tough yoga bends,
Football and baseball and my Dad's spurs that ring,
These are a few of my favorite things
When my dog dies, when the rum's gone,
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad."
I know.
That was NINETEEN things.
Whatever...
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Expertly crafted song. This is definitely one to sing while dancing around the kitchen in heels and a tiara. I might have to give it a test run right now!
Post a Comment