Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hair today, gone tomorrow...

Before... ...After

....more after....


...in the back....
Lilly squeezed me in to her salon between other appointments, and enthusiastically did a great cut. I didn't take pictures; just told her to do something easy, that didn't take hours to fix, didn't make me look like my mother, fit under a cap and grew out nicely. This is what she came up with.
AND, I have to tell this story, because it's just too funny not too...
I stopped at Scott and Traci Glasscocks to pick up some lentil innoculant for my father-in-law. Picked Scott up from the road grader, drove him to the shop, visiting, for a few minutes. He got out to get the innoculant and Traci came up to say hi, quickly.
She said, "Oh! I LIKE it! That's just what I hoped she'd do."
Scott : "OH! You got your hair cut!"
Is it THAT subtle?
I'm still laughing!
Poor Scott....




10 comments:

Pam O'Brien said...

Very cute! I like it.
You're brave. My hair is about the length yours was in the before shot. For me, that would be a drastic change! Don't know if I could do it, but I always love it on others...

Kerri said...

Love it!! I'll have to have my girlfriends take a picture of me today when we're having our Gaudy Gown Gala retreat meeting today...still with short hair, but much more defined and wispy around the edges.

Here's the big test -- did the Farmer notice the haircut?! Mr. York is getting much better at noticing these things!

Happy Saturday -- what does your day hold?

Erin said...

I love the new cut . . . it'll be great for summer! It's almost the same as my hair. I chopped mine off about 3 months and haven't regretted it one bit. You look great!!!!!

Patricia said...

Oh! I love it! AND the earrings!

Scott's not noticing your haircut cracks me up - but if I'm honest, I have to admit that I'm a bit like that myself. I will notice that people look different, but I'm not always sure what it is that is different. That's why God put a camera in my hands - to teach me to focus on details - but I still don't always get it.

I care for an elderly friend one day a week and a couple of weeks ago I took her to get her hair done. Two hours later, I picked her up to take her home and on the way I complimented her on how good she looked. The next morning she called me to say - a bit irritated, I might add, "Why didn't you tell me my hair was red?" I didn't notice her hair was red. I noticed that she looked different, but not that her hair was red.

For all I know, I would have been just like Scott! =)

Anonymous said...

CUUUTE! Love it! I've gotten a similar cut and loved both the immediate and long term results.

Doesn't it make you feel great?!? Smart and beautiful all at once?

--Michelle (I'm out of town and on a diff. computer)

lucindap said...

Love the hair. It really looks so very great. Also gotta tell you I love the pooh and piglet quote. My two year old is into pooh and it just makes me laugh. Have a great day. Lucy Murnion

Christine said...

Oh I love it..it's an adorable hair cut on you! =O)

Jessica said...

I think it is an adorable cut on you.....I really like it.

Jen said...

I like your new Elastagirl 'do. (Just because it was in an animated movie, doesn't mean it isn't a good haircut! I'd count it in success because it looks like that in real life...no one had to draw it to perfectly match your Elastagirl head).

scott said...

Hey Mary, your hair looks great! I knew there was something different when you drove up. I just wasn't sure what it was. Yeah, I'm an idiot, I know.