This is one of those scattered, random posts, with a lot of little things that are completely disconnected. You know; like my train of thought, jumped off the track....
Did you know you can get your blog printed and bound into a soft-cover book? And I know that sounds completely silly, but Aunt Bert was the one who has been pushing me about it, because she wants my kids to have a copy. And truthfully, it's a lot easier to do it that way than to try to scrapbook it all over again! Also, this is the lazy woman's journal. Sort of. Anyway, if you are interested, you can go to http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/ and it walks you through it. It's incredibly simple, and surprisingly cheap. I think all of my 2008, with pictures AND comments, turned out to be about $24.95. That's it. The shipping was included in that price. And if, for some misguided reason you want a copy of Cohagen Chronicles, I can get you one too. (And yes, all your comments are in there....which I'm tickled about!)
Today, I attended a planning meeting for Vacation Bible School, that is to be held the first week of June, in Jordan. The theme is Crocodile Dock...a swamp theme! All I could think of was my friend Patricia, in Florida! We are going to attempt to do Montana version of the swamp. THAT ought to be entertaining...

I have the daunting job of doing the Bible stories and lessons that the kids experience, rather than just listen to. I need to come up with Pharaoh's throne, the Red Sea that can part, a burning bush that doesn't burn. Now, don't get me wrong, but if only God could part the Red Sea and do a burning only not engulfing bush, how am I, a mere ranchwife, to reproduce those miracles? They have suggestions in the packet, but STILL!
If you have ANY swamp ideas, that can be cheaply made, OR ideas for the above mentioned miracles, I'd certainly welcome them. Also, if you live in the area, and are interested in sending your kids to VBS, or if you are interested in helping, contact me, and I will welcome you with open arms, and brownies. Yes. I am willing to make brownie bribes. No scruples whatsoever.
Okay, I think that's it. And would you please hold our little school in your prayers? We have a meeting tomorrow night, and really, I don't think it's going to be a peaceful little get-together. But perhaps it will, with divine intervention. So, thank you for that.
Hope your Sunday is beautiful. And blessed.
Oh, and the new hair-do took the wind, dirt and cap treatment, yesterday, and held up pretty well! Hoorah! (Because I just knew you were all dying to know that little bit of information....)
1 comment:
I love reading your "train wreck" thoughts. You operate under the same train company as I do!
I will think about swamp ideas. Perhaps I'll even dream about them since I'm headed to bed soon. This race gal is a smidge tired.
I'll be praying for your little school, too!
Post a Comment