Before I start this post, you MUST watch this video from the movie "Miss Congeniality".
Now you have a frame of reference for my answer to this question.
:)
The most difficult time of my life has consistently been between 2 and 4 p.m.
That's where I collapse.
My brain shuts off. Not "shuts down" but "shuts OFF".
And it always has!
I remember in grade school, that was when I was supposed to be learning history and social studies and science. On Fridays, it was art and I could fumble through that, being all right-brained and creative.
In high school, I was able to be in study hall, choir and home ec...all classes that I could sort of wade through without too much effort. Weirdly, I got choral awards and home ec accolades all four years of high school. Who says "auto-pilot" is pointless?!
In college, I loaded my mornings with classes and did my work study and off campus work in the afternoons.
At the arena, I hung on by the skin of my eyeteeth during those hours; apologies here and now for the teams I turned out and timed those years. You probably had better times than the records reflect...my gate reflexes may have been impaired. It doesn't help that I'd been wrapping steers until 10 p.m. the night before and watering driveways at 5 a.m....
As a mother, I prayed, prayed, PRAYED for long nap times in the afternoons. And by golly, my babies took naps come rain, snow, sleet, relatives, Superbowls...you name it. Those babies were going DOWN by 1:30 and God save the person who accidentally woke them up early! (I'm sorry, UPS and Schwan companies, for ignoring your knocks. Ain't no ice cream worth 20 minutes early wake up of a baby in the afternoon...)
Now, I try to get as much done as I can before this slump. Or, if I need to be doing something, it has to be brainless....like folding clothes or loading the dishwasher or something. I take notes if there's a phone call because I honestly might not remember the details. And I know better than to drive.
A difficult time in my life is from 2-4 p.m. EVERY DAY.
Now that you have that information, please be kind and work around it...
Token flower picture, just so you have something to look at....
No comments:
Post a Comment