Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 17: Your Proudest Moment

I'm a FIRM believer in the divine truth that pride goes before a fall, so the superstitious, wear-the-jersey-I-wore-when-they-won-that-championship-game part of me does NOT want to touch this post with a 10 blog pole.

Let me tell you about little triumphs, instead.

Once, in Bigfork, I managed to put together an entire LEGO Star Wars vehicle for my son in less than three hours.  That was big for me, the mechanically disinclined, attention challenged person.

Unrolling a hay bale perfectly, down to the last flake, in the pasture.  That's so cool, even though there's no one around to see, except the cows and they just want me to step aside so they can get to the grub for heaven's sake!

Speaking of cows, you KNOW I'm proud of Daisy.

I feel so victorious when I live through a run on any given day.  Any run.  Any distance.

When I tip a cake out of a pan and it perfectly releases onto the cooling rack, no chunks left in the pan...I want to call Paula Deen or put a picture on Facebook or something!

Here's something absolutely silly, but I'll confess it anyway since it's not going to happen again:
Astonishingly,
(and remember, this is big ONLY TO ME)
my fantasy football team Hail Mary has won the league two years in a row.
Both years I've played.
*deep breath, here*
I beat Joe Vollmer and Lige Murray at their game.
STILL doing a happy dance in the kitchen when I think of it!
(Changed my profile picture this year, thereby ensuring that all the luck will have been released into the great fantasy atmosphere and will land on someone else.)
(Please don't let it be Joe...please don't let it be Joe...)

Leaving you with two pictures of my babies, because I'm so proud of THEM...











1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm loving all of your posts lately! You should be proud of your blog too . . . you're a great writer and photographer! You capture the moments beautifully!