My To-Do-Before-I-Die bucket doesn't really have a list. It's full of strips of ideas that I drop in there and they're all tangled together with no real order of importance. If you reached in and grabbed a strip, it might be a silly little notion or a grand desire...who knows?!
Here are some things you might find in MY bucket:
- See a real firefly. I can't imagine how magical that would be!
- Go to an NFL game...I'm not picky, anymore. Any game will do.
- Make a souffle. This is completely do-able, I've just never tried it!
- Paris. (France, not Texas)
- Ballroom dancing...I'd like to learn the good stuff, like tango and samba, AND I could wear heels!
- Somehow, get to each of my blog friend's homes for a visit...this would require getting to Texas, Florida, Iowa, Idaho, Michigan, Missouri, Alabama, Australia and Rosebud among other places.
- Read War and Peace. Everyone jokes about it...I want to do it. Somehow, I think if I did, I'd feel better about myself. Or maybe it would be a colossal waste of three years... :)
- Own a VW bus that runs at LEAST 55% of the time. (I've found this is very important when longing for a VW bus.)
- Play those Caribbean kettle drums like Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers have.
- I'd LOVE to see J. Buffett perform, now that we're talking about it.
- I'd like to try caviar. Really!
- Find a bobble head of Joe Montana to put in my car.
- See real live flamingos.
You get the idea.
Do you know what I'd RATHER tell you about?
The cool things I've already pulled out of the bucket!
- Sailing...not only have I been sailing several times, but now I'm crew, too!
- Meeting the Pacific AND Atlantic Oceans.
- Going to a Red Sox game at Fenway park.
- Singing karaoke. (It wasn't pretty, but it happened. Never have to worry about that one, again.)
- Driving a sports car (1990 Chevy Camero) way too fast.
- Eating at fancy, brilliant restaurants...my favorite being the Black Cat in Boulder.
- Pat Green in concert!
- Seeing incredible, indescribable works of art...ORIGINAL Monets and Rembrandts and even Jackson Pollacks.
- Having two babies when I thought there would be none.
- Fly fishing!
- I was on Route 66 in California...why that was important to me, I don't know, but it was way cool!
Like the song says, "Dreams are nothing more than wishes and wishes are just a dream you hope to come true..."
It's good to have them.
It's better to recognize them when they've come true.
1 comment:
What a great list! When are we going to France?
Post a Comment