Cookie cutters.
I have 87 that I use for cookies and another 12 that are play dough designated.
It all started with fish cookies, thanks to the Yost women, and now the cutters just seem to show up...from friends and family, from travels, from second hand stores.
Teapots and flags and states and dog bones and cactus and lips...
I only have two states...Montana and Texas. What other states really count, anyway, right? (*wink*)
The old fashioned cutters remind me of my grandma and Mom, of the cookies we cut out when we were kids...
There are moose and penguins and lions and flowers and helicopters....
Kitschy 1970's plastic cutters that don't really work all that great, but still make me smile because they're so....1970's, you know?
Kangaroos and bears and cowboys and fish and angels and snowmen and...
yes...
FISH!
A friend recently asked if I had anything musical, like a treble clef or quarter note, and I did not. BIG gap in my collection! I also don't have a lighthouse, sasquatch, dinosaur, baseball bat, football, wine bottle or yin-yang. (So those go on my bucket list, right?)
I really wanted to show you my shoes, because I've added to the collection thanks to a two day half price sale at St. Vincent De Paul thrift store in Miles City.
SILVER SANDALS!
We won't go near the book collection....
1 comment:
Who could look at these pics and not crave milk and cookies? You kids will someday treasure this collection.
I love to collect useful kitchen things like your cookie cutters, only for me it's American stoneware.
Post a Comment