Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hair we go, again...

#1 #2
#3
#4
#5

I have my biennial haircut, tomorrow, at 2:30 pm, and you, my dear blog readers, are being enlisted for advice. I may totally ignore your comments, but you did such a good job with Madame Serenghetti that I'm starting to trust you with some of my bigger fashion questions.

I need a cut that doesn't take extensive fussing...make that, ANY fussing, but can look like I tried when I actually do. It will go under ball caps, during branding time, have children's hands run through it about 60 times a day, attend professional trainings for SHMASBO, and a family reunion, in July.

Here are some of my options. What do you think?
*And I realize that when it's all said and done, I won't look like Faith, Meg, Jennifer or that cute little brunette. Right?






7 comments:

Christine said...

3 & 5..they are all adorable though. Hey did you make the egg???...lol

Boy you have been blogging like crazy on here...I sure got behind quickly! I love your Easter morning spot and the breakfast sounded yummy as well. Hope you have a wonderful week! =O)

michelle said...

I think #2, 4, 5 are the pretty much same haircut, just different styling options (good to have flexibility).

#3 is also nice, but probably less styling options. Also, depending on the cut, sometimes short grows out badly. I sometimes feel like I go through a mullet stage.

I have no idea what your hair is like, I've only seen like 3 pictures of you and they were very small. So I feel silly giving any real advice.

I opt for trying something you've never done before...or not for a long time. Something a little on the edge.

I dare you to get a perm.

Just kidding. That would be much more terrible than planting yarrow your the yard. Also wouldn't do much for the fuddy-duddy blues.

Can't wait! You will do the "before" and "after" for us, won't you?

Kerri said...

Hello!! I love Meg's hair...that said, it'll be fun to see your end result! (I also have only seen a few small pictures of you!!)

I am getting my hair cut tomorrow, too. Lots of texturing because it's so thick & a bit of freshening up. I usually get mine done every six weeks -- it grows quickly and since I have a hairdresser friend who lives close, I'm able to get it done when it needs it. Not sure what I'd do if I lived way out! Do you trim yours?

The Beagle Boys are being naughty today, I've been cleaning out the basement & I teach 6th and 3rd grade for the next two days.

Happy rest of your week~

The Farmer's Wife said...

ALAS! We are RAINED IN, and I'm going to have to cancel the hair appointment! SOB!

Before Kids... I used to get my hair cut more frequently. Now, I have to get a babysitter, find a day away from the ranch duties, make sure it hasn't rained/snowed/heated too much, put lunch in the crockpot....etc. etc. etc. I don't trim it, just stuff it in a cap or a ponytail holder and slink to town.

I'll do a before and after! (And Michelle, I HAVE actually thought of a perm, but color is more important, because of the natural lightening I have going on!)

Jen said...

My two cents: I got a haircut with longer layers and love it...I guess it's the most similar to the Jennifer Aniston. Anyway, I can ponytail it or blow dry it and it looks fine. I can flat iron it a few times a week and it's the best my hair has ever looked. And, when it grows out, it's a little more forgiving if you can't make it to your appointment right away (when rain, cows, whatever bars the way).

TraciG said...

Sorry your day of head pampering had to be postponed. I'm with Jen and Michelle. I'd say something shorter than what you have now, but with longer layers to give it some body.
That way a pony-tail will still work too...

Shawna E said...

#2 wouldn't be high maintenance and would still go back into a ponytail!! Not that you really wanted my opinion but there it is anyway.
I really enjoy reading your blog!