The kids and I went to the Big Dry country on Monday to see the folks and my (step...because the distinction is important to some) sister Meghan, who was spending a couple days on her way to a conference in North Dakota.
The little white dot in the center of the picture is home....nestled on the creek by those matronly cottonwood trees who put on their gaudy best before settling into stately grey, black and white for another 6 months.
The Men.
They were supervising the graveling project Dad had going on around the new pens.
I call this one "The Board of Directors".
Angus and his friends...
(Check out that nice fence!)
Discussing important matters, such as how Doc (the horse she loves with all her heart) missed her and needed her to come back and ride....
This is a very Dutton-y picture of my Dad.
I love that.
On the Hay Creek road, driving home from Miles...
Up that same road, headed straight north...
Mirror pictures mess with my head, but are so neat...we see where we're going and where we've been, all at the same time; the life perspective we need but can never manage to capture.
Red pears in the morning...
the last color of fall before the winter greys.
Oh, how I soak it up!

2 comments:
Stunning photos, Mary.
Love these photos!
Post a Comment