Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Day 2: 20 Facts About Me

1.  My REAL middle name is Margaret.
2. I was named after both of my grandmothers: Inda MARY and MARGARET Francis.
3. My real name earned me the nickname "Sister Mary Margaret" in college.
4. I am not Catholic.
5. One of my favorite songs when I was 12 years old was Billy Joel's "Only The Good Die Young" about a Catholic girl.
6. I graduated in 1989 from Garfield County High School.
7. Because Garfield County is HU-MON-GOUS (4,848 square miles; 4 Rhode Islands could fit in that) and there was no bus route toward our house, I lived in a dormitory for all four years of high school.
8. I once shoveled beer cans with Cody Witt for Wayne Hunter to make some money one day after school.
9. I went to my first prom with Victor Ady, who told the English teacher Mr. White that he was going to prom with a girl named Dary Mutton who Mr. White thought was a girl from Circle, MT.
10. My first prom dress was yellow and I rented it.
11. The Murray boys taught some of us girls how to jitterbug in the basement of the dorm to George Strait's song "Unwound".
12. My major was Elementary/Special Education at Eastern Montana College.
13. I did my sophomore practicum with Sharon Reynolds (who had been a classmate of Torey Hayden, my literary and teaching hero at the time) at Beartooth Elementary in a classroom of severely handicapped students.
14. I took History of Rock and Roll to fulfill one of my art credits.  Yes, it's a glowing A on my transcript!
15. I was a Girl Scout and can still recite "I will do my best to serve God, my country, mankind and to live by the Girl Scout law."
16. I am addicted to coffee.
17. I bake without a timer...just go by smell, which is why I can't bake when I have a cold, no matter how desperately I need those medicinal gingersnaps!
18. I am still an alto and sing harmony always, which REALLY sounds horrible when I have my headphones on.
19. My shoe size is 8....and I ADORE shoes/boots/flip flops.
20. I don't have any tattoos. (This is sort of a big, un-cool confession from a child of the 80's!)

Couldn't find the Freshman prom yellow dress picture, so you get....

SHOES!!!


(If ONLY they grew on trees...*sigh*)



1 comment:

Shelly Reeves Smith said...

The next time we're up there, you are SO doing the jitterbug for us! And how interesting that you bake by smell. Roxie is the only person I know who can do that - and she's an amazingly consistent baker. Enjoyed every one of these -- only you can make a biography interesting to the very last line.