In Angus' all-time favorite movie, Private Eyes, Tim Conway asks Don Knotts, "Well, what do YOU think?" and Don Knotts replies, "I think for a short person you have long sentences!"
Angus is my short person with long sentences AND words.
Big words are delicious.
Big words make one seem older.
Big words impress the chicks.
But they're tricky....
Last night, after I got home from my VBS meeting in Jordan, I served up my specailty dish for such evenings: individual Tombstone pepperoni pizzas. (Requiring slightly more effort than Fruit Loops, in that I have to push numbers on the microwave...) The kids saw a six pack of club soda bottles sitting on the table that I had yet to put away and were exclaiming over the cute little water bottles.
I explained that it was fizzy water...club soda. They don't like soda pop at ALL, so I thought that would kill the interest. Well, Maggie was turned off right away and got herself a glass of water, but Angus was still enthusiastically ready for a go at one of those bottles. I had half of one in the fridge, so I gave it to him.
He took a swig, looked at the bottle and grinned at me. Then he turned to his sister and said, "Maggie, YOU should have some Minnesota, too! It's GOOD."

3 comments:
It took me a minute...
Me, TOO! But Minnesota, club soda....it's all the same....
I can't wait 'til my little man starts talking -- I think.
Post a Comment