We put up a little fence, here at our house, move a shelter over and add a water trough and shazzam!, the bum pen is ready! They're happy because they have lots of room, green grass and constant company. I'm happy because I can stroll out and feed them whenever my heart desires. The kids are happy because they have little chores and endless entertainment. The in-laws are happy because we're out from underfoot and they don't have to look at the little beasts. It's a good thing.
First day in the new digs. Lily couldn't figure out what the heck I was doing, sitting in the grass with that thing pointed at her. She's so very bright and alert....nothing gets past her, especially if she thinks it might possibly be something with a milk bottle.
I stood up and said, "Hi, Lily-anna!"
That's Mom! And she's the one with the grub! Lily thinks she's going to get a little treat...
Willie is slower. He wakes up slow, he comes to the bottle slow, he drinks it slow. He wants to make certain I even HAVE a bottle, here...which I don't, and he suspects it.
It's lunchtime...and they're happy. You can't see it, here, but Lily's tail swings back and forth contentedly as she's eating.
This is one of the best times of my day....just me and the babies. They're always happy to see me, they don't complain about what I cook...
A little worried about the camera man. I love the foamy slobbers! This is Lily and she finishes a bottle in record time. She might be a bit competitive.
More slobbers...from Willie, who also doesn't care for the camera man.
She wants MORE! Lily will work me over while Willie finishes his bottle, bunting and sucking on my clothes and being a general nusiance.
When everyone's done, we play a little game of chase. See Lily's tail? She loves this.
More later, Miss Lily!
3 comments:
They are impossibly cute! I just hope they're not doing surveillance on behalf of the rest of the herd on how to get into the garage this winter!
Ha! Sadly, they won't be in contact with the others...but there's a lot of surveillance going on, that's for sure. When I'm working in the yard, they're always keeping an eye on me, just in case I whip out a bottle from some hidden pocket.
Oh, you get to feed them lunch now? Yay! I love the shot of the chase game, and of you with two bottles. Did Wayland take them?
Post a Comment