Saturday, December 12, 2009

Zee answers...

....to zee quiz from Wednesday:

1. Everyone knew it was (d.). Our heater was broken and I was bakin'.

2.  (a.) Wasn't that an awful question? But I had to give a real answer and all I could think of was Batman. When I was writing the quiz, Pepe started looking more my style, but I had already decided on Bruce Wayne.The original question said no personality or anything could be part of the answer. Honestly, I still don't get the idea. By the way, the question-er was male and he said Ariel or Jessica Rabbit. And he and his coworkers DO need to get busy filing papers or calculating budgets or something....

3. (c.) I'm now the proud owner of my very own tiara! Yes! My friend Shelly read my heartfelt blog post and sent it last week. I adore that girl.  It's old, it's got gen-u-ine rhinestones, and combs to hold it in my beehive hairdo.  I'm still working on that hairdo, but the tiara is in the kitchen and I wear it often. Just ask the UPS man, who was very polite about it, but will be leaving all my other packages in the porch without knocking...

4.  (d.) Penguins and Golden Calves by Madelyne L'Engle is our next selection. It's intelligent, somewhat controversial, and they'll have to work at it; kind of like chocolate granola. The book talks about icons and idols....yeah, in a mixed religion crowd it's going to cause a stir.

5. (a.) In a stunning turn of personality, I decided that I do, indeed, still like frosted sugar cookies the best. They are called fish cookies in my house because Karen Yost and I made them in the shape of trout (I DO have that cookie cutter) and decided they are best that way. Truly. Everyone should try our fish cookies. Besides, by calling them that, everyone else steers away from our favorite confections.

6. (d.) All those things. Christmas trees bring out the best and the worst in me. Do come by for eggnog.

7. (c.) One movie, on Disney's evil FastPlay loop, will continue for all time and eternity until the electricity goes off or said cat accidentally shuts it off. I'm much too involved in writing to actually get up and disconnect the sucker. The kids, bored by the 45 minutes of Disney previews, eventually wander off to their bedrooms to build and destroy towns of blocks. Everyone wins.

Fontie, Country Wife and Lori....Thanks for playing! No one got them all right, but you came remarkably close.  Sadly, I don't have a new purse with fringe or lime green shoes, and the Vermont Maple cookies are a close second.  You all win a small amount of notoriety in the Chronicles. I'll be name dropping this week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very close to getting you a tiara for Christmas after reading the recent post. The thought of you out it the corrals with it regally perched on your head was giving me the giggles. I was looking at some online just the other day. I remember when I was little that my mom had a tiara. She had been a prom queen and I vaguely recall being enthralled with it at some point in my early life.