Thursday, October 08, 2009

Really?

Of the seven respondants on my poll, 4 readers think Cohagen is a happening place! You've obviously never visited our fair post office in person. And I really, really, really have to wonder about people who come back time and again to a blog that discusses primitive insect eradication rituals and has super-model cows. I appreciate your dedication, and one day will write something that has some cultural and/or spiritual significance.  I DO have those thoughts, but when I sit down to write, the deep thoughts vaporize and I end up writing nonsense.

And, the remaining 3 voters actually admitted that they didn't mean to start reading the Chronicles, but now they can't stop.  Sort of like journalistic M&M's. 

I'm a little surprised no one reads for the cow pictures or beauty tips.  AND none of my relatives are reading the Chronicles! At least none that will admit it.  That stings.

Thanks for stopping by, and for those loyal seven who took precious seconds out of your day to vote, there's a special place in my heart for you, and if you ever mistakenly end up in Cohagen, do come by the house for really good coffee and the dessert of the day.


(Oh, and I have to tell you all this funny and embarrassing thing...I check the little map at the bottom of my blog to see where readers are checking in from. Don't worry, I have no idea what your identity is, just where you come from.  Anyway, there was this reader that appeared to be stalking me from Joliet, Montana.  Like, it was showing up on the MapLoco 4 or 5 times a day! It was starting to get a little scary. Until, one day, I had a little spark of intelligent thought and realized that, yes, they checked in nearly as often as I checked in, and yes, it was about the same time of day as I was checking in. I was stalking myself. Go ahead and laugh...I did!)

7 comments:

Denise said...

Have you been watching scary movies? Reading suspense novels? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Crack me up! I so could have done the same thing......

And you never know what relatives are reading your blog. I've talked with relatives and thought "wait, I have never told you this..." and realize they have been reading my blog. Eerie!

Texas Ghostrider said...

I "Stalk" your blog because it gives me a sense of normalcy in this world. You make me realize that all people aren't bad and there is some loving, caring people out there. yeah, you write about some girlie things but I won't tell my friends that I read those post. I would love to visit your "happening" town one day and see small town America for myself.

scott said...

Hey I like the cow pictures and the farming pictures. That's good stuff! It looks like Angus and Alli do the same sort of stuff when their siblings are school.

Pam O'Brien said...

I've been a bad Bloggie. Haven't been reading for days and days so I totally missed the poll... so sorry!

Meghan Murphy said...

I missed the poll because I've hardly been at my desk all week! But don't you worry sister, you do have relatives reading and envying your blog. Now my Mom wants me to write one because she loves yours so much...see the kind of trouble you are causing, you beautiful, talented over-achiever!!

Oh and Sydney says she loves the smell of autumn. And I wondered if I knew what that smell was at 6. I've been dying to call and share that with you. Amongst a million other things...changing of the leaves here, the horse chestnuts in the street, hiking Cascade Head at the coast 2 weeks ago...

Sending love from the Pacific Northwest.

Montana Calamity said...

I did vote and Cohagen is a happening place has been all my life.

Dawn Ripley said...

Okay, I missed the whole voting thing as I get on this thing once a week but you know I'm a loyal lurker...and I'm even related to you. My sympathies on that point, though. You and Wayland keep me motivated to do this since your creations are so enjoyable.