Today is Wayland's Day to Cook!
Early in our marriage, when I was teaching and he was driving to work at the ranch, we decided Sunday was Wayland's day to cook. And yes, it was a mutual agreement! Sometimes he wanted to try something crazy, like stuffed hamburgers, and he knew that on Sundays, he could get all artsy in the kitchen.
We usually have hamburgers, because the man adores hamburgers. And there are a bazillion ways to make hamburgers! And for goodness sake, if we have anything in the house, it's hamburger. If he doesn't want to cook, or we are in town for church, he takes us out to lunch. Either way, I get a nice break from the kitchen and the age-old question, "What should we have to eat?".
This morning, for breakfast, we had eggs, bacon and toast....mmmmm!
Wayland's Day to Cook doesn't always extend to Wayland's Day to Do the Dishes, but I really don't mind cleaning up, because I haven't been handling those same dishes for an hour prior to cleanup. And he's pretty good about swabbing up as he goes.
Isn't this a cool policy? And it's not such a horrible thing, because there are many days when it's Mary's Day to Work Cows.
2 comments:
Sunday nights were always "You're On Your Own" night when I was growing up. My mom liked a break from the kitchen as well:)
I think that is a wonderful thing. Steve usually makes breakfast one day on the weekends. Plus, we usually get to go out to eat after Mass on Sunday. Or Friday night. Sometimes on Saturday. I'm a lucky woman!
Post a Comment