Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

I'm not going to report every moment that happened since last Thursday, even though I know you are poised at the edge of your seat, coffee cup in hand, hoping for each blessed detail of my weekend.  Buy a paper, honey, and get some real news!  (Of course, it may very well BE in the Jordan paper, by this time...) 

In no particular order, here are the five worst things that happened, on the furlough:
  • Beth scared the dickens out of us in the motel, the first night, by telling true stories of home invasion and loonies coming to a Walmart near us.  It happened to be the only night we didn't have big, strong, law-enforcement trained men with us.  Yes, we were alone.  And tired, the next morning.
  • Texas Tech lost to the Longhorns. EVEN after I hung the banner on gameday in the townhouse, wore Red Raider everything, painted my nails Guns Up Red, and prayed for the team.  It was not a blow-out, but it was sad. 
  • The wedding that took place at the resort while we were there had a D.J. hired until 11 p.m. and he was very serious about making sure the entire resort heard the last song, "Another One Bites The Dust". 
  • There was no cell service, so I couldn't call and check on my babies.  I felt like I was being held hostage.
  • I had a headache from Friday afternoon until today! I think it was the massage, releasing toxins into my body. 
The five BEST things that happened during furlough, in no particular order:
  • The afternoon at the spa, getting a manicure, pedicure and massage....it was heaven!  And I'm telling you all right here, right now; if I ever perchance win a 37 million dollar lottery, I'm buying every household of every person I know and love, a professional massage chair.  It's true.  You'd better hope I start buying lottery tickets, now, and that I like/and/or/love you.  Mmmmmhmmm.
  • Breakfast buffet on Sunday at Old Piney Dell.  Those two words together, 'breakfast' and 'buffet', pretty much ensure it's going to be a good time.  We had mimosas, and obscene amounts of breakfast food. 
  • Grown-up time to visit, without worrying about where the kids were or what they were up to.  They were safe, we were relaxed....it was a lot of fun!
  • Finding crazy greeting cards and reading them out loud to each other, when we were downtown Red Lodge....the girls, that is.  You don't actually have to purchase them to enjoy them, and they were everywhere!
  • Time with my husband, not worrying about what I should be doing or what he should be doing, or what the kids are doing.  It turns out, I really like that man, still.  He's alright. 
And those were the low and high lights.  Then I came home to a school board meeting, and a full day on Tuesday of preconditioning calves.  The manicure is looking a little chipped, and I think the effects of the massage have worn off, but the memories of the good time are still here!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Just making sure I'm on that list of people you know and love because I'd LOVE to have a massage chair. =)

what fun!