Friday, July 10, 2009

Wet Dog


This is one of my absolute favorite children's books, of all time. It MUST be read with a southern accent, even a bad one, and in order to appreciate it, you need to have had an ooo-hot, too-hot dog around. It's the perfect summer story for kids, and those of us who have a hard time growing up. (I read this last night, again, to Maggie and immediately Pam from Florida popped to mind! Hope you can get a copy, Pam. Let me know if you can't, and I'll send you one.)

And here are pictures of my own wet dog, Molly, swimming in a truly awful pond of water. Scummy, stinky, muddy water. Water a long ways from home, so she had to load up in the car, shortly thereafter, and share her splendid odiferous presence with the rest of the family. We're so proud....

4 comments:

Lori R. said...

Oh, but look at the fun she is having! Surely, that wonderful wet dog smell was worth that!!!

Debby said...

LOL...I will have to check the book out. Love the pics of your dog. Looks like she is loving the water...
debby

Pam O'Brien said...

Love it! I'll definitely have to look for that book. I'll order it under the guise that I'm gonna be a grandma soon, but I'll keep it at my house. ;-)
Here's a link regarding bath-time at our house: http://paminflorida.blogspot.com/2008/09/bath-time.html
I had another post - a video of Sara swimming in the pool, but YouTube tells me I have no uploaded videos... I had half a dozen, so I'm not sure what happened except that the video is no longer available on the blog. {grrr}
Oh well, it was cute. Of all seven, she's the only one that likes to swim and she would jump in the pool EVERY time we let her outside. We don't have a pool up here in NC; I wonder if she misses the water?
Thanks for the shout-out ;-)

Christine said...

Love it! I need to find me a friend with a southern accent to read it to me now...

...hope you are having a wonderful summer!