Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So, you had a bad day...

At the risk of revealing my redneckedness (yeah, it may be a Jeff Foxworthy word),
this series of photos reminds me of the HeeHaw song my brother and I used to sing, to make my sister do this.
It went like this:
Gloom, dispair, and agony on me...
...deep dark depression, excessive misery!

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all....

...gloom, despair, and agony on me.

In actuality, his sister was singing, to make him this upset! They have been going through this sibling thing, where one of them will find an annoying look or sound to make, and the other one screams for the song or glance to stop, which encourages the first child to enhance the annoyance another level, which causes the second child to scream louder....you get the idea. Usually, they both end up taking an express trip to their individual bedrooms, by their ears, for some quiet time.
Usually, this would be where I would tell you that that sort of behavior comes from my husband's family tree, but in this situation, it's totally from the Duttons; the teasing, the temper, the drama for mama.
Drats.



2 comments:

michelle said...

We had the same day. Apparently our kids mimic each other's lives too. The wind was blowing in the afternoon and I was hoping it would bring Mary Poppins so I could perhaps leave them for a while.

But she didn't come.

So I spent the day either listening to screaming because they were irritating each other or screaming because they were play-chasing each other. Which, of course, was following by my screaming. The neighbors probably did not like us today.

lucindap said...

Mrs. farmers wife, I don't think we are supposed to get such enjoyment out of our kids misery. I love your look on life and you made me smile about the Hee Haw song. Have a great day.