I'm concerned about two things:
1. The lack of caffeine until 2 p.m.
2. Traci may take pictures of me while I'm still coming out of anesthesia and use them as black mail
fodder.
This is something I've been wanting to blog for a while, but haven't had a reason to up 'til now. It's the packing habits of men vs. women.
When a man packs for an overnight trip, this is what he takes:
- Change of underwear (hopefully clean)
- Extra pair of jeans
- Team sweatshirt (in case he goes someplace fancy for supper)
- Toothbrush and deodorant (see previous reason)
- Extra pair of socks (optional)
When a woman packs for an overnight trip, this is what she takes:
- 3 changes of underwear + 2 bras
- 2 pairs of jeans (one "skinny" pair, one comfortable pair)
- tshirt and sweats (in case she has to run to get more ice or chocolate from the vending machine)
- Swimsuit (possible pool and/or hottub at the hotel)
- 2 pairs of shoes, BESIDES the ones she's wearing
- 2 dressier outfits (in case they go someplace fancy for supper)
- 3 carefully sorted clear cases of toiletries (may do a pedicure in the hotel room, all the face spackle and makeup, hair care products)
- brush and comb
- curling/straightening iron
- 3 pairs socks or hosiery
- plastic wine glasses and travel corkscrew
- light jacket
- leather jacket
- case of medicines (in case someone gets a headache, sore throat, scratch, cold, can't sleep, forgot thier prescription)
- camera (to capture the travel moments)
- book and magazines (in case the television at the hotel only gets 180 of the promised 278 channels)
- Bible (because if you were in an accident, you would want this reported to your mother...I actually kind of like the Gideon Bibles)
- emergency food (in case the vending machine doesn't accept anything smaller than a $20)
- towel (optional)
Go figure.
6 comments:
wait...you'll be gone?! Ohhh man~ what am I going to do without my morning laugh from your blog? I wish you well in Billings. Hmm, I can pack my suitcase like a guy but I prefer to pack my suitcase like a gal. I think I took FIVE pairs of shoes to Orlando! :)
Enjoy Billings for me...how far is it? And is there a Starbucks there?!
I wish you well~ see you when you return!
Hey Kerri! Since the girls have already left, I thought I'd let you know that, yes, there definitely is a Starbucks in Billings. Hopefully, they don't read this and then call me from there while munching on scones and double-shot caramel machiatos to rub it in. :) Mary, did you get that? Oh,and Billings is roughly 3 hrs from here...depending on who is driving.
Ha ha! I just went to scottsdale last week and I had to take my big bag! It was 49 lbs--just under the "charge for rate"! And I was there three days with a loose agenda--work and pleasure--which is very difficult to pack for as you ladies know. We are like boy scouts--always prepared!!
When I was in the military I could pack for a twenty day leave trip in the same bag I pack for overnights. Just two extra pair of undies and an extra t-shirt or two. Anything else I either bought when I got there or borrowed from someone. So you wear the same shirt twice in the same week. Nobody's gonna care.
Normally, I pack like this. However, I am proud to say that I traveled for 3 weeks in Europe with ONE backpack full of clothes (2 tshirts, a fleece, a pair of jeans, swimsuit, and a sundress...oh, and undies). I did it...but I was so sick of those clothes after my trip I never wore any of them again. Ever. I would just look at them in my drawers and shudder.
So....you can imagine how much I just packed for a whole week away from home! You are just too cute! Thanks for being such a faithful reader and leaving the sweetest comments! Wish I could send you "yellow".
Post a Comment