Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Farmer's Wife tells all...Part II

Here's the second interview question from Princess Jennevieve:

2. You left a comment on blog about living in Vienna. What do you like and dislike about living in rural Montana? If you could move somewhere else, where would you like to live?

This is what I like:

  • Space and freedom
  • Really intelligent, strong, faithful, funny, authentic people around me
  • Cows
  • This may get me lynched, but I like the definite seasons; the cycles of the year
  • Living with my hands in the dirt
  • Rural schools
  • My kids go to work with me, and know what it takes to care for animals and produce food

This is what I don't like:

  • So hard to get away to see family who live in other states
  • They don't deliver pizza or flowers here, no matter how much you beg.
  • Random internet
  • 27 miles from the library
  • Live so far from church that we only get there sporadically, depending on the weather and the animals.

I wouldn't probably choose to live anywhere else, oddly enough! There are a lot of places I'd like to visit and explore, but I love living on a ranch and even though the mountains sometimes send their siren song winging east to my prairie, I wouldn't willingly leave to live there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great to love the place that you find yourself! Contentment and godliness are great gain.

What a beautiful family you have.

I'm glad we're friends. :)

Kerri said...

Hmmm, I'm going to have to think about things I like and don't like about Spokane. FYI...Contentment is not one of my gifts! Headed to the store to get groceries for the next few weeks. I'm teaching Kindergarten ALL week, at two different schools. Gotta be on top of the game to make everything work!

Erin said...

As I was in our staff room today, two teachers formerly from Denver and Minneapolis who now live in Spokane, were talking about what they missed about living in those cities . . . top of the line shows, something to do all the time, sporting events, etc. My comment was that the things I missed about growing up in Eastern MT are so different . . . the Fallon Harvest Festival with egg tosses and 3-legged races, coffee with the neighbors, the people, and so on. There is just something so special about it. You're a lucky lady to live where you do, and I'm so glad you appreciate it in the ways that you do!