I'm never sure who's really reading this, so here's a disclaimer: I signed up for 5 interview questions from Princess Jennevieve, and if you aren't ready for unvarnished, unplugged Farmer's Wife opinion, you may want to check out another blog. I'd suggest Country Wife, Country Life...she's not controversial and has great pictures of Montana. Keep in mind Princess Jennevieve and I have never met, face to face, so she made up the interview questions with just the information from my blog.
So, without futher ado or warning, Interview Question #1:
1. Your house is burning and you, your family, and pets have all been safely evacuated. What 3 things do you grab on your way out of the house and why?
First of all, this is a question that has kept me awake at night many times. After much reflection, this is what I came up with.
First, I'd grab my Bible. My folks gave it to me for Christmas when I was a Junior in high school, and it has traveled many life journeys with me. When some photo or note is especially meaningful to me, I stuff it in my Bible, which is causing great stress to the binding, but nothing Gorilla glue can't fix. I have obituaries, birth announcements, marriage announcements, handprints, notes from family and friends, and my funeral plans in the back. (You can never be too prepared. Right down to the list of songs to be played there and pall bearers. ) So it's the Word of God and the story of my life. Handy, huh?
Secondly, I'd grab my camera. It has become an extension of my person, and I feel lost without it! Besides, with my procrastination tendencies, it has all the pictures I haven't printed...500 of them, so it's like grabbing a scrapbook.
Thirdly, and again, sometimes it's a blessing to procrastinate, I'd grab that big file box of photos of my kids and friends and family. If I had it all together, they'd comprise 18 scrapbooks, but I haven't had the time to paste them in. It would appear that it's easier to grab and carry the valise o' photos than 18 scrapbooks, so that'll work.
Stay tuned for Parts II-IV.
1 comment:
I'm assuming you already had the kid and Wayland out of the house? Just kidding. I'm not too surprised at the 1st two things I have to say. I like the interview thing. Great for when a person is stumped for ideas to blog about!! Well, I'm off to check heifers. Later!
Post a Comment