Were you thinking this would be a post about George Strait trivia?
Wayland...I'm talking about Wayland, my husband!
- He lived in Hawaii for 3 1/2 years. BEFORE me.
- He can't eat tomatos. Ketchup, yes. Salsa, yes. Tomatos, no. Yeah, I don't understand either.
- He lived in the high school dormitory the same time I did, but I was a Senior and he was a Freshman, so I only remember him vaguely from that time. Since Jordan had SUCH a big school (89 students that year) and I was SUCH a bigshot (bookworm).
- He's been to Japan, Korea, Phillipines, Canada and Mexico. And has the currency to prove it. He drifted by Guam.
- He hates farming in real life, but he has two virtual farms. Go figure!
- He's stone tone deaf, and can't hear a beat. Remember the kid in Mr. Holland's Opus who wore a football helmet while they beat the rhythm out on the side of his head? That's my baby!
- He once ate an entire fish (literally, the ENTIRE fish) with chopsticks.
- He's a metal fabrication artist...can create ANYTHING out of metal, with only a drawing on a napkin for a diagram.
- He didn't BLINK at $10,000 to save a completely worthless Irish Sitter (sic), but whines incessantly about the estimated $3000 to fix his wife's teeth. (He suggested this little comment, so it wasn't me...)
- He loves dogs...as evidenced by #9...and if he wasn't governed by time and space, he'd rescue every dog that comes across the t.v. screen as needing a good home.
Isn't he cool? And he just changed the most atrocious diaper. What a guy!
I'm waiting for his list of 25 random things. Turns out, we're finding out more about each other by reading our spouse's blogs. Now, how sad is that?!
4 comments:
I am 110% behind the tomato comment! Cooked, yes. Raw, with that weird texture and skin that makes your teeth squeak...NOOOOOO! Kudos to the diaper change and tell him that that $3,000 tooth can fast become a $10,000 one if left to its one devices. I can finally say that now because I have an apt on the 7th, of June that is.....
Wooohoo, diaper changing guys are quite rare! Mr. York changed many in the diaper changing days. Now, it's cleaning up after the Beagle Boys~ can't wait til the backyard firms up a little bit so he can get out there and pooper scoop! :)
Nice to meet you, Wayland!! Perhaps I'll ask if I can share 10 things about David. I'll have to start thinking....
I just remember how TERRIFIED Wayland was about becoming a dad. Mom said she wasn't worried...any guy who mushes on dogs like he does will be crazy about his baby girl! Yeh, I have to say, even if I am his sister, he's a keeper.
Dear Mrs. Cohagen,
Ha ha! I had to laugh at your Irish Sitter comment. I would rescue every dog that came my way...but my marriage probably wouldn't survive. As Joe nicely puts it, "Jen wanted a dog. I wanted zero dogs. So we compromised and got 2 dogs." What a blessing to have good husbands!
Post a Comment