Monday, March 09, 2009

The Relatives Came!





My Aunt Bert, cousin Robert and his wife Marina drove to Montana from Midland, TX to spend a week and we are SO excited!!! And baffled. Who in their right mind would come to Montana the first week of March? But we like crazy people...we love crazy people....we are crazy people, so we welcomed them with open arms! That's one thing about Duttons; we hug everyone, so the term "open arms" is very literal.
My sister and her little girls came from Miles City and Karen's daughter Cari came from Billings and we drove from Cohagen for the day. What a great time! We loaded up 4 cars and went to Sand Springs to church, (doubled the attendance) and then came back to Dad's for homemade pizza.


Robert and Marina graciously played with the kids...coloring, trucks, tutus, Incredibles movie....and when we left, Maggie was bawling in her carseat. I asked her what was the matter and she said, "I'm going to miss my friends!" I asked her if she meant her cousins, thinking Kamryn and Livvie Ann, but she sobbed, "No, my BIG cousins, Mommy!!" I felt like crying too.


We hope to get to visit again this week, with the BIG cousins and Aunt Bert. We need to give them some more hugging. And maybe some wool sweaters.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Aunt Bert? No way! How exciting. I imagine your aunt Bert to be like my aunt Jean, especially after all the stories I've heard!

Marisa said...

Mary,
On the books you're reading for March, you have Bread and Wine, Readings for Lent and Easter. Could you bring that Thursday for me to look at? I think I might be interested in getting it for my household, but would like a chance to look at it.

Kerri said...

I'd come visit you in March!!! :) What a fun time with cousins...I love my cousins and can never get enough of them.

michelle said...

this looks so fun!