Friday, March 27, 2009

Preschool sleepover...

Alright, I'm just going to say it right now: WHY do they call them sleepovers when no-one in the entire house sleeps?

We have cousin Livvie Ann here for the night, for a "sleepover" with Maggie Bella. And it has been so fun! So far, they've worn every dress up outfit they can find, played with dolls I forgot we had, terrorized the cats outside, swung on their tummies, drank hot cocoa, watched about 4 minutes of 3 movies, ate 'asghetti, played mermaids in the bathtub, listened to 3 stories, said prayers and now are quietly giggling in their sleeping bags. So here I am, at the computer, to squelch any tiptoeing or squeals until they finally give it up and go to sleep. You see what I mean?

And the thing about sleepovers, is that someone is going to wake up in the night and throw up. It may be the little brother, it may be the dad, it may be the guest...heck, it may even be the dog! But I can guarantee it will happen. At least that's what I remember from all the sleepovers when I was a kid.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get the sausage out of the freezer because HRH's desire biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast, and their wish is my command...sort of.

5 comments:

Kerri said...

hey, my word of the week is almost always befuddled! HAHAHAHA! I want to put your question on my blog...it gets me thinking about how I'm feeling! :)

HRH of this household loves sausage gravy and biscuits, too! He calls it SOS -- our term means "stuff on a shingle!"

Happy trying to sleep and may nothing with feet throw up tonight!

I'm off for Starbucks in the morning with a very good Whitworth friend and then coming back home to go back to bed....I'm still exhausted from the week's activites.

michelle said...

You are very brave. That is all I have to say.

The Farmer's Wife said...

I don't know if there were bets on the one who threw up, but it was the dog.

Patricia said...

Ah...the dog. I was just going to ask. =)

When my boys were preschoolers, I actually kept overnight (for 2 nights in a row) the 3 preschool daughters of a friend of mine. It was obviously a moment of true insanity or a sense of martydom when I agreed to do such a thing. No throwing up, but I had to make two trips to the pediatrician's office when one of my boys and one of the girls came down with strep throat.

I don't think I ever responded to your comment about the typewriter in my Nashville collage. I'm probably the only person who has ever visited the Country Music Hall of Fame that drooled over it like I did. If I could have bought only one thing from all the treasures there, it would have been that typewriter. We are kindred spirits, you and I. =)

Kerri said...

hi there...I'm just visiting this morning with my coffee cup in hand! We woke up to SNOW, which makes me wonder if it's spring break or christmas break!!

sitting around in my jammies, catching up on computer stuff with one of the beagle boys at my side. Mr York is doing laundry and other puttzin' type of stuff. He can do all he want...I'm on VACATION!! :)

hugs to you....