Saturday, March 21, 2009

Billings, rewind...

Yup, it was a Girls Only trip, to Billings. And according to Traci, it was excruciating. Of course, she's been known to drink and blog, so take it for what it's worth.

These are my high points from the trip:

  • Kafe Utza coffee...Miles City has WAY superior coffee than Starbucks, amazingly enough!
  • Complete girl talk all the way to Billings; a 2 1/2 hour trip.
  • Shrimp won tons, pomegranate pear martini among other good things at the Rex. (Did Traci mention she had her first martini ever? Apple-tini!)
  • Hot tub at the hotel
  • Cheap pedicure!
  • Great moscato with bubbles!
  • I watched "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" for the first time. (I like her hair!)
  • Fastest IV and first time with no nausea at the dentist!

These are my low points from the trip:

  • NO COFFEE ALL DAY THURSDAY!
  • Didn't even darken the door of B&N...so sad...
  • Unable to have complete girl talk all the way back from Billings.
  • Smelling the Pickle Barrel sandwich all the way back from Billings.
  • Sick babies at home and I was unable to take them to the doctor, and couldn't get anyone else to, either!
  • Feeling like I was a burden on everyone.

Everything turned out okay, though. I have an implant, that's healing, and I took the kids to the doctor yesterday and found out they both have terrible ear infections, poor babies! We're all on antibiotics, AGAIN! Traci just called and despite all the torture she endured, she's bringing the kids over for a playdate, scones and Sumatra Blend coffee. The friendship survived!

4 comments:

TraciG said...

I must say, we've got to upload the pictures of the Moscato!! Glad you're on the mend...

Kerri said...

Good morning! I'll bring coffee, too! What's your favorite?! I bet I can get Mr. York to roast something yummy for us, too.

Glad to hear you're doing much better. Sorry for your little guys, though. My two always had ear infections....one time when we were in Germany and they both were having tubes put into their ears, we were at the hospital overnight. (David was deployed somewhere so I was the only one there with them.) In the morning when the dr came around to check on them to send us home, I asked him to check my ears because they hurt REALLY bad. Yup, I had double ear infection and he was amazed that I was so sick without looking it.

I have spring break after next week -- are you up for a girlfriend visit for at least an overnight?! I'd love to meet you and your girlfriends bach there. Let me know....I'm ready to travel!!

What's muscato? And I've got my book already for March -- I'm just about done with the first little bit. I grabbed sticky notes to write down my thoughts! :)

The Farmer's Wife said...

You are welcome to come to Montana for Spring Break! (Your friends are going to think you're nuts, you know...)

I always spell moscato wrong...tomato, to-mahto...it's a fruity dessert wine. The bubbles made it so much fun!

What do you think of the book?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, do you have an UBP post??? I'm here from your comment on mine, but I think you must be doin' your own thing. Which is fine, lol, just has me confused!

Thanks for agreeing to be a PIPP...even if it's pretty daggum corny :).

(Thanks for your visit to my blog, too :).)