Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Easter at the 'fork

It was COLD!
The kids took their coats off for this picture, but I had to hurry up and capture the moment. Maggie was wearing a hat that Grandpa Jasper had found for her, the dress Aunt Bert made specially for her, and new silver shoes that were two sizes too big because I didn't have her to try them on when I bought them and I'm ALWAYS buying her shoes too small.
We're just proud Angus's shirt is tucked in and his jeans don't have holes.


Around 3 p.m. we load up potluck dishes and head over to Susan's Easter party where the kids run amok waiting to gather up the 115-150 plastic eggs she's hidden in her yard.
Meanwhile, we grownups have appetizers and wine/beer, and catch up on each other's lives. Most of these folks I only ever see here at Susan's party, and then only every other year, so I have a lot of news to hear in a short time. 

Here the kids are playing what I think must be their version of Calvin-ball, where the only rule is that you can't play it the same way twice. 
The boys are sitting there trying to figure it out.
It's a girl game, so they're destined to sit there a long, long, LONG time...


I can't stand how dear and smoochable they are!


It could be 20 degrees out, but if there's grass, the boots are coming off!
I don't know whose child that would be....


After a quick bite to eat (on the kids' part), it's off to find eggs!



Susan's son hustled around and made a bonfire for us out of the old Christmas tree...maybe two of them...and we ended the day with wood smoke in our hair, salmon in our tummies, and smiles on our faces.


What a fun Easter!

1 comment:

Rosie O'Grady said...

I am just about ready to start sewing dresses again. It is good to see that Mag hasn't outgrown this one--the pattern still fits. Great photos.