Monday, April 13, 2015

A Day in the Life in Bigfork


The kids and I loaded up the car with bacon and play clothes, and headed west for Easter.
We haven't been ANYWHERE since last July and our people haven't been here for a visit, so it was high time for a trek.

We just kind of absorbed the neighbors next door as family. Built in cousins, so to speak.
This is baffling to the Farmer, who doesn't even know all his REAL relatives, much less tack on family willy-nilly. 
I grew up this way with the Duttons, so I myself can't understand how one could NOT.
Tricky.

Anyway, here's Angus with one of his very best friends and "cousin"s, Quinn.
They had been waging war on their sisters, although I'm not quite certain the sisters were aware of the onslaught as they were quite busy building fairy houses, themselves.
(Note the armor...the finest plastic available.)


The besieged sisters....


 ...and a sample of their fairy dwellings.
Exquisite!


 In the meantime, the grandparents were burning sticks and other assorted dryish things.
The fire danger is nothing in the Flathead after a soggy spring!


Typical scene from the front step in the afternoon....
Lion, sword, bike, sweatshirt.

Sometimes it snows and then they drag out the board games!
Here we have a rather intense game of Clue.


 I think that's Colonel Mustard....


The kids get more into the drama of the game than actually solving the mystery....


When the storm moves out, we go for walks/rides with the cousins.
It always makes me laugh at how ridiculously picturesque Montana scenes are!
Here they are discussing dead squirrels or something, stunning mountains behind them.


Here's where I run in the mornings.
Seriously.
And this isn't even one of the more remarkable mornings...


Here it is on a frigid morning when the clouds have settled on the mountains like a wispy shawl...


The one rule they hold sacred is the "Ice cream MUST be consumed before bed" rule. 
The ice cream was a little hard this round, needing a hammer to dislodge it from the carton.
It softened with all the caramel and chocolate syrup liberally applied after extraction...


Grandma Celestia obsessively crochets afghans.
We each have our own personal afghan under which to snuggle and read by the fire.


A lot of times, we watch deep, insightful films like Rocky and Bullwinkle.


This is just a lovely moment that I had to include.


Some of us give it up earlier than others...


 Even Houdini takes advantage of the afghans and snuggles!





No comments: