I was thinking today about the little delights in life...the ones you keep in your head like private celebrations. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Those moments that only YOU are thrilled about, the surprises that make you want to pump your arm "YES!" but it would be too difficult to explain to everyone in the room why it's such a big stinkin' deal that you found the new container of sour cream in the refrigerator at exactly the moment you needed it. Or when the mail comes and peeking out of the pile is Bon Appetit AND Runner's World. THAT'S delightful.
Perhaps some people are more easily delighted than others.
Do you think?
Today I noticed that I had at least 5 of these occasions. In ONE DAY!
I'm thinking I need to get out more...
The hay bale unrolled perfectly, this morning. It was lovely to behold. After fighting with these crummy bales for weeks, one had the graciousness to unroll the way it should.
"YES!"
I accidentally made perfect hummus without noticing because I was so irritated by opening a $20 bottle of glorified apple juice. Dipped into it, eyes popped wide...
"YES!"
Found an actual blooming flower when I cleaned out one of my flower beds! Nothing else has the guts to put forth a petal, but the squill don't know that it's too cold.
"YES!"
I finished reading MY bookclub selection from...get this...JANUARY, while waiting for the school bus. I've been working on that wretched mystery for a-g-e-s. It is finished.
"YES!"
Four good songs in a row on the radio...
"YES!"
See what I mean?
Delights!
Tiny, personal joys!
I hope your day contained at least 3 delights....
I hope you recognized them...
"YES!"
4 comments:
Dinner (gluten free and regular) done on time at 5:30 -- Hallelujah! Now, if we could just get to church on time, that would be a bona fide miracle. Love this post!
Oh I connect with this post..."delights"...yes that is the perfect word for those little moments. Just today I had them and it is wonderful to be in the frame of mind to notice them and be thankful for them.
I love this post too! Snuggling with my two kiddos on the chair before bed last night was one of those times for me.
I call those little unexpected blessings, "hugs from God". He didn't HAVE to, but He did it for me because He loves me and takes joy in giving good things to His children.
Post a Comment