Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Word-y Wednesday

Other blogs have Wordless Wednesday.
Mine tend to be Word-y.

BUT....I'm trying very hard to become a self-contained, quietly restrained, organized, rule-follower this year. 

QUIT LAUGHING!
Everybody has a dream...

These pictures are from our family vacation taken a week and a half ago, and I'm NOT going to caption them.  I'm going to let them speak for themselves. Step One in Reformation 2011....

















4 comments:

Patricia said...

And speak for themselves, they do, Mary. Love every one of them. You have a beautiful family.

Shelly said...

They certainly are beautifully composed and descriptive photos, but I do miss the Mary commentary.

Denise said...

Love the one of Maggie hugging the tree. Was shocked to see Angus in SHOES not boots or barefoot, like, was truly shocked. And the one with them walking with W? Frame it! But i agree with Shelly, I miss the commentary. Especially when M was looking for bugs.

The Farmer's Wife said...

Thanks!
Yes, I can understand the shock at children who are both clothed AND shod...it was a noteworthy day. And actually, Maggie was picking up rocks. Lots of rocks. Big rocks. Her little purse that you see in the pictures weighed about 15 pounds to pack back down the mountain.

We're so taken with mountain textures and colors, coming from the prairie. The kids and I spent about an hour just looking at rocks and wading in a mountain creek...exclaiming over the colors and watching a fat chipmunk who was decidedly unhappy with us in his camp.