One of my friends asked what we're doing with ourselves, during this cozy time.
Darn little, I can tell you that.
But here's a pictoral portrayal for you, of Snow Day #100-102:
Mile after mile after mile after mile of this landscape...
But inside, it's a lot more colorful!
I don't remember exactly, but I think this was the day he was a pirate good-guy cowboy.
There's really no reason to narrow it down to one lifestyle...
I do hair and makeup to go to Bobby Burns, only to end up folding yet another basket of laundry and watching a British/Irish movie called Widow's Peak. This is just to show you that I am, indeed, alive and that I haven't succumbed to the bathrobe slouch. Yet.
Water color painting at FIVE IN THE MORNING!!! I believe we'd burned through all the entertainment choices by 8 a.m. that day...
Lots of reading...we do LOTS of reading....
They put themselves down for a nap! Out of sheer boredom, I believe.
But I'm not going to look a gift nap in the mouth....
Aren't they angels when they sleep?
They're not kicking each other!
Even Twilla...who was grouchy at being photographed with her hair all askew...
They were watching the first Star Wars movie, which I have to say, would probably put George Lucas to sleep, now.
Homework. Maggie is teaching Angus how to do math. He ACTS interested, but only because someone is paying attention to him. He really doesn't care about numbers until it comes to bargaining for more cookies. Then he's pretty astute.
We do puzzles...teeny-tiny 500 piece puzzles....ugh.
Pirate ships capsize and sink, death and destruction everywhere, glorious carnage....
I actually like the blurriness of this picture....it's probably how the cat sees all the "loving". You know, I used to feel sort of sorry for the cats, who get squeezed and dressed in doll clothes and hauled around in Tonka trucks, but then I realized: it was them or me.
We bake. A LOT. Here's a recipe for Cranberry Coffee Cake from one of Shelly's gorgeous cookbooks. The books have really good recipes, of course, but they are just little albums of art, and I often just sit and look at the pictures! And miss Shelly.
One bottle of wine, left. How sad! I love the picture of the frazzled housewife behind it...
And that's pretty much what one of our snow days looks like.
I didn't post pictures of the crying and tantrums, snarling and pulling out of hair.
My blog, my editorial privilege.
Besides, you don't need to see me in that state....
6 comments:
Feeling for you...I've always wondered how a mom keeps kids entertained when they can't go outside. Last winter, I put Andie in a baby Bjorn and snowsuit under my coat and we would bundle up Sam and head to the park at 0 farenheit. But I think even Sam would agree to stay inside in your weather!
Jen
Gulp! One. Bottle. Of. Wine. Left?! And to top it off, it's white?! That does not make for happy bread making at the ol' boulangerie. Do we need to arrange for an air drop?
The only good thing about such a grueling experience is that when Maggie and Angus are grown with kids of their own, they'll be able to tell the juiciest "You think YOU have it bad...." stories. We miss you, too, and Miss Twilla. If you need another red dog (for warmth of course, and to monopolize the couch) just say the word!
I know. Day 1 of the blizzard was fun and novel. Day 2 (today) the girls were up before 6 and already getting roared at by their dad for being too noisy. I just laid in bed with the covers over my head, pretending I was going to the Italian lake district and thinking it was at least 13 hours until their bedtime.
Hey, I recognize a little quilt in this set of pictures and it warms my heart that it is still keeping her warm at nap time. And congrats on # 500. Wish I could say I have seen them all but that would be a fib. I know I have missed some good stuff too. We are colder here this morning than you are and I see little patches of white stuff on the grass. Everything is shut down here except emergency personel. What wimps!!! but no one knows how to drive on ice so glad all the little ones are safe at home.
I am down to one bottle too. I need a hangy thing like that! LOVE the pics, and your hair looks so nice like that! I was sporting braids on day two of snowed in.....
LOVE the pics!
and I snorted about the cat.
And I understand 500 puzzle pieces puzzles now.
Post a Comment