It's true.
They stink.
Mondays, for as rough as they seem, at least hold sort of a fresh-start feeling.
Wednesdays are half-way there!
Thursdays, you can see the light of the weekend.
And of course, Fridays are days of rejoicing and the beginning of the weekend!
But Tuesdays have nothing going for them.
(Now, I know there will be an outcry and a quick listing of fabulous happenings in the sticky notes....why your Tuesday DOES have merit and interest! Bring it on. )
It was once pointed out to me that all my days looked the same, that there was no difference from Saturdays or Tuesdays or whatever...that my Friday was basically just another of the same! Made me mad. Because it was true. I almost hung the phone up on the person who tossed that out to me! Wow, that stung!
(I managed to get back by calling that person back around 4 p.m. on a Friday afternoon and pouring a cocktail, while happy hour was still an hour and a half away for her/him. There ARE benefits to working from home, where every day is the same. Tiny, tiny benefits...)
Now.
This is the 498th post, on the Chronicles.
Who ever thought I'd have 500 posts in me?
(You...in the back...I'll deal with YOU later.)
Anyway, I'm SO glad the big event isn't going to fall on a Tuesday!!!
So, on Thursday, we're going to party, here at the Cohagen Chronicles!
I'll wear my tiara!
We'll bake a cake!
Names will be dropped!
Honors will be handed out, left and right!
Be thinking of your favorite Chronicles posts, because that's what I'd like in the sticky notes.
You have some time to go back and find it. It is, after all, Tuesday.
(You didn't have anything else going on today, did you?)
2 comments:
The skunks and the flies and the commandments of coffee....those are some of my favorite posts. Our story. Insane though it was. I have never ever read something and thought "hm, this was of no benefit to read" so you could really post anything.
Tuesdays are the worst. I loathe them. I once pointed out to a friend that even the mail on Tuesday is worthless--it's just circulars and junk, because anything good mailed on Friday would get to you Monday and anything mailed on Monday would get to you Wednesday. I've put a lot of thought into how much I hate Tuesdays. So, I'm thrilled your 500th post will not be on one.
Post a Comment