Bet you thought I'd forgotten about the blog challenge, huh?
It's still going! There's a topic this week, then next and we won't start another until the first week of January.
The NEXT blog challenge will be topics that I've been working on. They have a sort of Crazy Mary feel to them, so we'll see how that goes. Anyone interested in joining? Feeling like starting your New Year with some craziness? It would be fun to have a couple more people involved!
The challenge this week is to write about the one book that has affected me the most in my life, so far.
Excuse me?
ONE book?
Besides the Bible?
(Which is FULL of books! I love that! God's Word is made up of a BUNCH of books...He gave us a living library. How cool is that?)
I really did think about this challenge quite a lot. It reminds me of the "If you could only take one book to a deserted island, what would it be?" question.
Darned if I know.
Because a book influences my life nearly every day. And it's not always deep, meaningful influence either.
Sometimes it's finding a substitution for an ingredient in the back of a cookbook. (If you don't have one full egg, use two egg whites. Huh?)
Sometimes it's how to apply eye make up properly. (Thank you, Bobbi Brown!)
Sometimes it's learning that bees wings aren't attached to any muscles, that it's the muscles in the thorax that make them move. (My abs ache, thinking about it...)
Choosing just one influential book would be like choosing one favorite child...I don't think it can be done.
So I think I failed this challenge. But I'm still working on it. Probably, in the middle of the night, I'll sit up straight in bed and say, ".....". For now, I'm flaking out.
3 comments:
No, it is truly impossible to pick a favorite book. The end. Tell me how to find your prompts to blog about and I'll work on it with you.
Truthfully this latest book I'm reading is presenting more of a challenge than I've had in quite some time.... whether or not that translates into an impact on my life remains to be seen!!
I'd be willing to try it too Mary. My blog is very uninspired as of late. Let me know what the topics are and I'll do a little writing as well. I think I need to clean the cobwebs out a little!
Post a Comment