Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

Any Willie Nelson fan will recognize that song!

ARE there Willie Nelson fans out there, anymore?

My Dad liked Waylon and Willie and Chris Cristofferson, and listened to them a lot when I was growing up. (On EIGHT TRACKS!  That's right.  I'm THAT old.) 

Anyway....
It's been awhile since I posted and I'm getting some disgruntled readers.  Well, they USED to read the Chronicles.  I may have lost them, by this time, with my lack of post-age. 

Couple things...
(I'm very fond of "Two things".  I may send three different emails to someone, each containing "Two things:".  Why not send "Six things:", you ask?  Have you ever tried to plow through a list of six things, made longer by a verbose blondish sort? Yeah.  Not fun.)

First, I really just want to wrap up the blog challenge, because it weighs heavy on me, and this is the last post for that challenge.  And, oddly enough, the easiest one. 

The challenge asked, "If you could only give one gift, what would you give and to whom?"

That's a snap.

For about 8 years, I've had the secret dream of someday winning the lottery and building a new library/community building in Jordan.  The existing library is in an old, old, falling down, cold/hot building with very little room and no way to expand.  I even have the floor plan sort of laid out.  And we really need a place in Jordan to have babyshowers, knitting groups, bookclubs, 4-H meetings, and those sorts of things.  Someplace nice and friendly and convenient and MODERN...like, with hot and cold running water and climate control and those sorts of crazy things. 

So that would be my one gift, and it would be for the whole county.  Wouldn't that be glorious? 
Of course, I may need to actually BUY a lottery ticket to have any hopes of making it reality....

Second thing is that I really do appreciate everyone who stops by here and reads the Chronicles.  I've "met" the coolest people, who left comments and thoughts, and continue to correspond via email with me.  And my local lurkers...I love you guys!  I never know who's going to walk up to me on the street (We have one, you know, in Jordan.  Really.) and remark about a Chronicle post. You all come out of the blue!

I've been refraining from posting a lot of community things, as of late, because it was hinted to me that perhaps others would like more privacy.  Things like bookclub.  After thinking about it for awhile, I'll continue to post those things, but not with pictures.  And anyone who wants a pseudonym can contact me.  My friends are a huge part of my life, and I simply can't write, here, without including them in the posts. 

See?  That wasn't as painful as you'd anticipated, was it?

Now I can put up some Christmas posts and other nonsense that I've been storing up in my already-crowded bean!

No comments: