This week is vacation Bible school week in Jordan for the kids and I, and the theme is nautical! God was watching out for our VBS crew, because the prom theme this spring was ALSO nautical and we snagged all the decorations to use. The church has a big old cardboard ship in the santuary, now, and nets and fish tacked up all over the place.
I have the drama portion of the program and have elaborate sets and action that changes DAILY. Today is a Bible times house, tomorrow a ship with water all around, the next day a Biblical city and so forth. It's great fun for the kids, but always a little dicey for the person setting up because I'm never really sure the ship will hold together through four groups or that the walls will stay up.
I don't have a helper this year, unless someone shows up from Michigan or Iowa or someplace, so it will be tricky to do. But, it's not like I'm putting on a Broadway play or anything, so it doesn't have to be professional!
Please pray for our little VBS if you get a chance, today. Especially that I'll make it to town without mishap, because it rained ALL NIGHT, 4/10ths of an inch at 5 a.m.! A blessing for the crops and grass, a serious challenge for someone driving in mud to town.....

1 comment:
Michigan would show up, if her hubby didn't have all this planting for her to do! :) I'll be praying for you this week!
Post a Comment