One of my very favorite recording artists of all time is Ian Tyson. He sings real, true western cowboy songs....not redneck songs, not purtineer-pop songs, not whoopie-tie-eye-aye chuckwagon songs, but authentic cowboy music.
He sings a song called "Since the Rain" from I Outgrew The Wagon album that starts out like this:
Since the rain
Things look so much better.
Since the rainHoney, you should see it now...
That song has been dancing through my head for the last couple days. It's glorious green, as far as my eyes can see and when I walk through the prairie bunch grasses, there are hundreds of tiny little flowers popping up. This is the time to see Montana. She's putting on quite a show, this spring.
Yesterday, the kids and I spent most of the day outside, planting/unplanting and playing. I got all my greenhouse plants plunked somewhere and a bunch of seeds scattered. After a quick inventory, I seem to have too much oregano and not enough basil, too many tomatos and not enough pepper plants, too much flax and not enough daisies. And the infamous white ghost iris is looking glamorous and stately, despite the wind.
Here are some pictures from our yard.
Anyone want a kitten? The white one is a male, the black one is female, both are kid-proof...
My beautiful stepping stone from Lori at Altered Glass!
Everybody's crazy bout a sharp-dressed man....
I don't know if you can read it, but his Wolverine underpants say, "I've got your back!"
5 comments:
Oh how I wish I could come to Montana (Eastern Montana) right now!!! Beautiful . . . love your pictures!
Beautiful pictures. Hope the country stays this way for quite a while. Kids and cats are precious. I need one of those kittens, because I haven't seen Darlin' in a week or more. Second thoughts, I will just wait for another stray to adopt me.
We want a cat! But...I don't think that will work out quite yet. We'd also like someone wearing Wolverine underwear who's got our back, but I'm thinking you want to keep him...
beautiful pics,,, and the underoo boy and princess with the kitten are just precious too! Thanks for the plug... got three orders to fill after the wedding next weekend.
So....no one really wants the kittens? But you'd take the Wolverine Underpants Boy?
That could be arranged....
Lori, did you get three orders from the plug?
And Erin, come home to Montana. I'll meet you at the Frog Pond, with milkshakes and preschoolers!
Post a Comment