My hair stylist of 11 years closed up shop and is moving to Bozeman to be with (get this) her new husband.
How could she do this?!!! I thought we had something special.
We've been through everything together....infertility, divorce, pregnancy, new babies, weight loss and gain and loss, moves, mothers, mother-in-laws, coffee. And even more serious issues like bad home coloring jobs, whether or not to get bangs again and the organic hair products guaran-dang-teed to give us lift and volume at the bargain price of $20 a bottle.
She left me.
I walked around the house in shock, yesterday. Seriously!!!
I was JUST getting through all these insecurity issues from the Beth Moore book; I'm believing that I'm clothed in strength and dignity and all that jazz. How, I ask you, am I going to be secure with myself when I have bad hair?
And I JUST KNOW I will have bad hair all summer, because no one knew how to color the grey to where it looked perfectly naturally blonde and how to trim that odd little cow-lick-y thing at the nape of my neck. It's going to be bad. And I'm feeling a little panicky.
So I got the number of one of the stylists that used to work in the same salon and called, with a trembly voice, requesting a cut and color in June. That'll give me time to work through some of these issues.
*sniff*

5 comments:
Ooooh...I so understand you on this one! I finally found a good hairstylist, but before her I always left the salon in tears and ended up throwing a brush or two across the room. Good luck finding someone!
Oh no...this happened to us too! Years ago, we trained this talented young whippersnapper to come to the house and "do" us both at the same time (he had to come in the morning though, he was sometimes ripe in the afternoon), and one day, he just upped and moved to Florida! We couldn't believe it. Though I guess we were more peeved than sad, so I'm sorry for your loss.
This is horrifying news. During my transition from one hairstylist to another (my original one left to become a teacher. Did she really think she could help the world more that way? I doubt it.), my transitional person gave me Gidget bangs. It was horrifying, and the sooner we can forget Spring 2007, the better. Now I have someone wonderful, but I feel your pain. Heavy sigh. RIP hairstylist.
Oh my,,,, I feel for you... in all my 32 years (married years) I have only had 3 people do my hair, losing each one to their moving away... The hard part is finding the next one to do your hair.... Trial and error, at least you are doing this change in the summer. Where you can pull your hair back because of the heat! Best of luck... I'm pullin' for ya...
I so understand...
Post a Comment