Saturday, May 01, 2010

Shaking things up...

I remember now that I did this LAST spring on a rainy day.

For some reason, everytime I get the Chronicles to a comfortable place, where everyone knows what they'll find, it starts irritating me and I have to do the Great Template Hunt.  And the more templates I look at, the worse it gets!  There are no ranchy-French-book-garden-photo-fishing blog templates anywhere.  Can't imagine why. 

I told The Farmer that every template I looked at, I had to imagine what cow pictures would look like on it.  He indicated that he'd never thought of it and that I was perhaps a little....extreme.  He's very content with his blog.  After about 2 months of wrestling with it, he's more or less going to leave it alone because he's got better things to do. (Like fixing my clothes dryer, which is sort of why I'm writing this post...far from the scene of the mechanic-ing.)

Anyway, I apologize for the upheaval and the weird sidebars, the off-kilter pictures and the half-way music list.  I'm trying to edit HTML. We'll see....

This is sort of a weird combination of two templates...and I don't actually mind it.  But I may just bag the whole thing and go back to the original.  What do you think?

4 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

And I forgot to point out the Blog Archive for Sara H. ! Anything else you'd like to see that would make the blog more readable?

Marina said...

I think it's purty! :) If you figure the HTML stuff out, share your wisdom! I would love to change the font on mine, but I don't have the time or patience to learn how to do it.

Sara H said...

YES! A blog archive! For us newbies to the Chronicles, this is essential. And the new layout is great - love spring changes.

Rosie O'Grady said...

I like it--tooled leather is the best!