There are some new readers of the Chronicles and you'll need some clarification. C.U.P.S. is an acronym that stands for Coffee Under Pretense of School. It started when Country Wife and I decided to enroll our oldest children in once-a-week preschool in Jordan. We had to find some way to kill 3 hours in town, besides getting milk and eggs, so we invited ourselves to Farmchick's house and didn't feel too bad about it because we always brought food and magazines. Our preschool days became the highlight of our week and we've been missing C.U.P.S. a lot, lately.
We convened this week here at my house on a kindergarten day, partly because of tradition, partly because we couldn't possibly fit any more kids in my little house.
We were privileged to be joined by a Travel M.U.G.S. (Mother Under General Stress), Rachel Sloan who drove 80 miles from Miles City to join us with her 4 children...bless her heart! Rachel is an amazing woman and I love her to bits. In fact, I don't know anyone who doesn't love her to bits....hmmm....
As we were saying goodbye to one another and hugging, we kept saying, "It's been too long. We need to have C.U.P.S. again SOON."
I hope we do.
No comments:
Post a Comment