Last night, the National Weather Service issued a tornado watch and severe thunderstorm warning for the residents of seven Montana counties, including Garfield County where our humble single-wide trailer is anchored (horrifically) on cinderblocks. That's it. Cinderblocks.
Nice, huh? The only trailer park in the Langs Fork Suburbs of Cohagen. Can you spell "tornado bait"?
I was a wreck, because the day had been muggy and warmish and just had that "weird weather" feel to it.
Wayland had the computer radar up all evening, watching big ugly green patches of precipitation with red centers and startling little yellow boxes float around the map, like ugly amoebas under a microscope. I appreciate the radar and all, but I trust my eye witness more, so I paced around the yard and deck with my camera, taking pictures of the incredible clouds to the east.
Blessedly, the storms went on either side of us. I believe it was due to the fervent prayers of a little girl and her mother all evening. But here are the pace-y pictures for you, along with a couple cow images, just because they are adorable.
This is how it started out, to the southeast:
Oooo! That's impressive! (I didn't really think the clouds would get a whole lot bigger or more "poofy".)
They did. I couldn't get them all in one frame, so from here on out, they are in chunks, so to speak.
This side of the storm kept morphing into different types of clouds, every few minutes.
This old girl thought I was nuts, taking pictures of clouds. She'd graze a little, then lift her chin to check out the photo shoot with some suspicion.
And my babies, Cosmo trying to nap and Linnie ready to bed down. They've had their bottles and have warm, full tummies. Isn't Linnie pretty?
It's "...a misty, moisty morning, when foggy was the weather..." sort of day, today. I'm going to head out and check on all the baby plants, pull a few (hundred pounds) weeds and sprinkle seeds with great abandon. When I come back in, to fetch up cocoa bobboo for the barnacles, I have a picture of my white iris for you. White!
3 comments:
Those cloud pictures are absolutely beautiful, even though they might have been threatening to you... Glad you are on your toes re: storms. Looks pretty flat kinda, so I honestly could see you up in the air yelling, "Auntie Em, Auntie Em, Get me down from here!"
Beautiful clouds! These things would probably turn into hail where I live (or maybe a tornado). The calves look like they are doing well, and the grass is so tall and green.
Beautiful pictures, thanks for posting them and glad you all stayed safe.
Post a Comment