Monday, March 08, 2010

Why I own an SUV....

This is my driveway, in March.
(See all the snow in the tree row, yet to melt?)


It will look like this for at LEAST another week.
Then it will firm up ever so slightly. Inevitably, a big, sloppy, gloppy 8 inch snow will plod in from the West and it will look like that for another 10-20 days.

I'll take the Trailblazer out of 4wheel drive in May, maybe....JUST for the driveway!

Stompie McStomps-a-lot....in his natural habitat.
(We had just been to see the first calf at PopPops. He wore this for the occasion. And I had to talk him into the shirt....)

3 comments:

Rosie O'Grady said...

It looks like you might have to go out "on the frost." Have you seen North to Alaska? Your driveway looks worse than the streets in that movie. The mud is one thing that I do not miss. Oh well, you should have a great year for grass!

Lori R. said...

I hope you don't mind me mentioning your post in my post.... I love Angus's fashion sense. I have been watching for new calves across the road from our house (since we no longer have cattle). This was always the best time of year, not for husband on 3 hour shifts, but for me when new ones were born! Good luck with the season!!!
p.s. one of my most used lines when kids were little: PLEASE, go put some clothes on before you go outside!!! (my kids honestly, were just like yours, wore as little as possible, no matter what they were doing outside)

ProdigalWife said...

When our snow melted we realized we'd missed the driveway a few times but now that I see yours I guess I shouldn't complain!