I love this illustration! The tricky thing about going to the sun, this time of year (besides the financial restraints) is the lack of a tropical physique. So, I guess I'll stay here. Besides, I can't get the car out.
This picture was taken from the front of the house around 4 o'clock this afternoon. Nice, huh?
Our front step...what you can't tell from this picture is the two foot drift in front of it.
Toward our cattle guard on the hill.
See the little tree on the right, nearly buried? That little tree is four feet tall.
Okay, flashback to Wednesday....
Here's Angus, eating a warm chocolate chip cookie on our deck. He seriously stayed out on the deck with me for about 15 minutes; not a shiver.
The only flamingos in Garfield County, Montana! I took this picture of our mailbox for Patricia and Pam O. My sister-in-law Pam Cayer gave us three pink flamingos for Christmas, about 5 years ago, as a joke. She thought trailer trash should, of course, have the gratuitous flamingos. We put them at the mailbox for the whole world to see, and they've become a landmark of sorts. We get UPS packages with maps drawn on them and the note "South of flamingos".
This is a typical view on the commute from our house to Miles City and back.
It looks like this the WHOLE WAY!
Occasionally, there will be a little house or farm in view of the highway, but for the most part, this is it.
This shot was taken at the Glasscock turnoff, our friends who are at this very moment bagpiping and flinging in Miles City without us.
Blizzard attire.
Makes less laundry if you just don't wear clothes.
They were just up from their "naps", which actually consisted of about 15 minutes of near quiet and slowed down wiggling.
Apple pie for afternoon snack.
I think her mouth has snake jaws that unhinge when she needs more room to swallow the rabbit/pie.
Armed and ready.
Ready for what? Weeeeeelllll....not for naps, that's for sure.
Hope you all have a good night! I leave some lights on the trellis because it looks less lonesome.

5 comments:
Thanks for the shout-out! The flamingos are so stinkin' funny! ...and the bagpipe thing is beginning to make more sense. ;-) (facebook comment will reconcile that remark).
Hugs from frosty New England!!
Oh dear! I just don't think I could live in Garfield County in the winter any more. It was 77 here yesterday, and thank God it rained last night and this morning. I'll say one thing the pictures are beautiful!
It looks that way at our house too!! Montana, we love it!!
I am loving these pictures! Your kiddos are precious. We have to get Rhys up there so they can teach him the ropes! However, I am not jealous of that snow! My goodness. I think I would draw up a hot bath and not get out till it was melted.
Glad you are all doing well up in the Artic!!!!!
Please stop by my blog and collect an award.
Post a Comment