I was dying!
And after I got done wiping tears away, good belly-laughing tears, I wanted all the followers to get the benefit of the comment left on my last Underground Bookclub Report and Post.
*The commentator, Robert, is my cousin. Yes, I'll admit that. We are related by blood and not marriage. We are the same kind of weird, only his kind of weird is a little smarter than mine. And his wife, bless her sweet little heart, has just started up with a bookclub of her own. I'm not sure what the rules are with her bunch, but perhaps they should consider adopting this code.
Robert said...
Welcome to Underground Book Club. The first rule of Book Club is: you do not talk about Book Club. The second rule of Book Club is: you DO NOT talk about Book Club! Third rule of Book Club: if someone yells "stop!", goes limp, or taps out, the book is over. Fourth rule: only two girls to a book. Fifth rule: one book at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: the books are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons. Seventh rule: books will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Book Club, you have to fight.
I guess an Underground Fight Club would be real similar to our bookclub, with the exception of the "no shirt" addendum. The only weapons we've seen have been desserts that render us speechless. And we bend the rules for those.
6 comments:
Mary!
Love your blog!! I sneak a look from time to time - and I am always left laughing at your originality and wonderful sense of humor. And living where you do ( and all you Jordanites) DOES take a keen sense of the fantastic!! See you when I am visiting the rest of the Miller clan!!
I thought I might have offended you when there wasn't a response to my statement. I can't take credit, though. It's a quote from the movie, Fight Club, that I adapted. Cheers!
I will have to write an entire blog (pictures and all) concerning this cousin of yours! He is so fun!
Where do you think Robert got those rules?? Hello, those are our bylaws - every member has to take a blood oath saying they will abide!! lol
Isn't it perfect?!
Nancy, thanks for cruising on by, from England! I'm looking forward to seeing you when you come for a visit. Does your bookclub run like this, or are they a bit more restrained?
Rosie....it's going to take a SERIES of blog posts, to cover Roberto. He's the bomb.
Which brings me TO Roberto...no, I wasn't put out. Just hadn't made it down to check out the comments recently. I DID respond, but after that, decided this deserved it's very own post. Thanks a bunch, for revealing our by-laws to the whole world.
Marisa was horrified, I'm sure, to see the secrecy broken. But she dealt with it quite gracefully. Now we're going to have to come up with a new handshake....
....I MEANT "Marina", not "Marisa".
Abject apologies to both parties. Chocolate to follow....
Post a Comment