- Sorting socks. For this I went to college...
- Loading the dishwasher, unloading the dishwasher, repeat. Every once in a while I unload the top rack first, instead of the bottom rack, just to shake things up a little.
- Preparing meals for a family of foodies. It turns out, they like the finer things in life. Things that can't be created with a package of hamburger and a box of pasta. Things like weed-rat and that shrimp stuff...
- Eating hidden cookies, and trying to look as though I was rearranging the cans of beans and spinach. (Note: if you want to hide delicacies, hide them in the canned vegetable section of your cupboard. No-one is going there.)
- Letting the dogs and cats in and out of the house. I read something one time that defined cats as the animals that were perpetually on the wrong side of the door. Ain't that the truth?
- Trying to decipher QuickBooks for the school board accounting. Let me tell you this: there is NOTHING quick about QuickBooks! More on that later.
- Corresponding with an author who is coming to Montana the end of February, bless her heart. She's funny, East-coast native, liberal, Jewish and brave. We shock and delight each other (I think) and that's been fun. (Look for "Good-bye Wifes and Daughters" by Susan Kushner Resnick)
- Putting together more 100 piece jigsaw puzzles together than I ever knew possible. It always seems like a nice quiet activity, then disintegrates into hoarding of crucial pieces and debate over who is the prettier princess in the puzzle. And the kids get a little ornery, too.
January is March's ugly second-cousin, twice removed. They are related only by the fact that they are both months of the year. Where March holds hope for bright days, soft mornings and growing things, January smothers the light and leers at those who smash their noses to the frosty glass of their cells.
*On a side note....if you are still with me....I've been having a terrible time leaving comments on the blogs I read. I'll post the comment, then new pages start opening rapidly...like every second....and I have to shut the computer down to stop them. Talk about making someone crazy! So I AM reading your posts, and when I'm feeling all brave, I attempt a comment.
Erin, I loved the Bunco hats! Cowboy's Sweetheart, American made is the only way to go, and Dad looks very fine. Lori, I'm trying to keep up! Rosie, let's get together and talk Twain. Marina, have you thought of moving more northerly? I can hardly stand that Rhys is growing so fast without the benefit of some strong Dutton influence. Mark; man, I'm about a week behind on Daily Montana. I'm working on it.
5 comments:
You are a busy lady! I must find out more about this author. Never heard of her, but that doesn't mean anything. I read old books most of the time. And last night I figured out the blog problem. There is a tab above the box that says, "Compose." Well, hello. That's what I wanted to do and when I hit the tab the tool bar filled up, and I was on my way. We are trying to put a 1000 piece puzzle of the map of Texas together. Good thing Mom has all day at the house. Stay warm!
Aren't most of the things we do in a day rather bland? Probably because they all must be repeated tomorrow. I love the image of January leering at me as I smash my nose to my cell's window.
But I snuck out today. Guess what I did? Cleaned up all the poop in the radius of our puppy's stake. I was having a ladies' prayer group over and I just didn't think it would be the thing to set their hearts on the Lord as they entered my dwelling.
There were 24 piles. I counted because Cole is only alotted 4 piles at any given time. He owes me a dollar a pile if more than 4 accumulate. But I caved in and made a deal with him. He can keep his $20 (he already paid me $14 last week... I don't think the fines are working!) if he will begin piano lessons with a good attitude. We begin tomorrow.
So THAT's what I've been up to! :)
Oh, Farmer's Wife--the time is fleeting and you will wonder why it is so quiet when they are both in school!!
Honestly, I don't know if I could handle March's ugly second cousin, twice removed! Do you not remember how whiny I was in March last year??? If I can't handle the good month then I don't think there is any hope!
The good month, Marina, is June. March is a slightly better month than January, but doesn't hold a candle to June....I think June must be adopted, in Montana weather. Not too hot, not too cold, not too dry; the other months all wish they could be like June in Montana. (And I don't recall ONE whine from you!)
Poppie, dog poop is the BANE of my existance. I shudder to think of what my days are going to be like, when the snow melts. I'm trying to find the frozen bombs and eliminate them, but my heart sinks, thinking about MARCH and the yard clean-up situation. (Don't we lead glamorous lives? Thanks for the encouragement!)
Sweetheart and Rosie, I know I'll miss them when they go to school....those little barnacles. Glad you got your publishing worked out!
(I'd HATE to be in the middle of a big, ugly puzzle like that. It's all I can do to grit my teeth and get through the 100 piece Lightening McQueen!)
Post a Comment