Monday, December 14, 2009

In which the Duttons get together and exalt the blessed confection, the Cookie...

In a moment of insane inspiration, I suggested we all have matching aprons for Cookie Day.
Karen made ALL these!
(Mine is still not cut out or stitched, residing still in it's little Copper Thimble sack. I always have SUCH good ideas....just end up baking instead of sewing....)

We visit a lot, and catch up on everyone's lives. Here my sister Jen and Bonnie are discussing world affairs, I'm sure....

Auntie Jolene, Kamryn and Jentry, decorating the sugar cookies.
They were true artists!



Careful, careful....

Isn't that red pretty?

Maggie's paint horse.

Grammy Karen, enjoying the day.

Auntie Cari and baby Javon, relaxing.
(Secretly, Cari was trying to put her down for a nap....eventually she succumbed, but not without a fight.)

We end up dividing up about 15 different kinds of cookies and 4 or 5 different types of candies, in buckets for everyone.

PopPops gave Maggie and Angus two of his old hats, to their great delight!
At the end of the day, when everyone was frazzled, we heard a bawling from the basement.
I ran down to check out the situation and Maggie was sobbing, "I don't WANT to be a farmer, anymore! I want to be a COWGIRL!" PopPops assured her that she could be both, and she got the hat. She's still thrilled!

YUM!

1 comment:

Wynamt said...

Looks like you all had so much fun! What memories the kids will have!