Monday, August 10, 2009

Redneckedness









Before you judge us too harshly....




We can afford to buy a real kiddie pool, and we did, early this summer. AND we bought swimsuits, too. Biggest waste of $15.95 I've ever spent.








This is what it looks like: the calf water trough. And yes, you can tell by the wet, wet hair that they probably got right down in it. It was disgusting....all that kid-dirt floating around in there....the calves wouldn't go near it, for awhile afterwards. Not that I blame them.








Maggie has finally learned how to pull out the blue kiddie pool and fill it herself, but it lacks that cowboy ambience, and also it doesn't warm in the sun as nicely as this black tub.



(Wayland's sister, Dawn, has very civilized pictures of her kids swimming in Kentucky on her blog Stonefield Stories. The pool is clean, not green, and the children are appropriately clothed. We represent the rural, hick-ish side of the family. Someone has to be the redneck cousins.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love our redneck relatives!! And I have noticed that the swimwear does come out for the trip to the frog pool in in the big town of Miles City. So I think there's hope.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. I love to see things like this. They are having so much fun and it will be something they remember more than the pool.

Love your blog, I have been reading for awhile and I just had to comment on this one because it made me laugh.

Blessing,
Sandy

Lori R. said...

My kids used to say, "But the green stuff makes it more slippery!!!" Now the cattle drink sits empty... no cattle, no kids,,, Hey maybe I could get that thing out and take a dip...

Texas Ghostrider said...

Hello, My name is Ghostrider and I'm a uhhhhh, i am aaaaaaaaaaaaa, uhhhhhhh I am a redneck. There I said it. Can I go swimming in the water trough now???????