Friday, July 24, 2009

Swimming in the Swan

Maggie, building rock castles on the shore of Swan Lake. The green tube was coveted by all the kids! It was pretty cool.


Yes, those are Wayland's kids, and yes, I was the one taking the picture, not supervising within arm's reach...

Allison, testing the ice water.

Maggie and Allison have the same swim suits! We looked like a redneck swim team...
Honestly, the water was SO cold, I don't know how she was able to spend all the time she did out there.

The ferocious kid-eating tube....
Kisses!

Ben, getting brave with the tube.

Cold, cold, cold!

Celestia and Jasper joined us later in the evening, with a picnic lunch.

We went swimming at Swan Lake, Friday afternoon. In order to give you an idea of how cold the water was: go run yourself a glass of cold water out of the faucet, put 5 ice cubes in it and let them melt...THAT cold! We could get out and warm up in the sun, on the rocks, like lizards, but when the sun started to go behind the mountains, it was all over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember visiting the Seeley-Swan area as a child and thinking it was so beautiful...surely it is one of the prettiest places in America. Also, I remember vividly my numb ankles after wading around in the lake water there. Cold-cold-cold is right.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, when we were up there over the 4th, all we did was throw rocks in the water. Maybe we will get wet when we go up next weekend.

Jenny

CampGuy said...

Nice pictures, I am not so sure about swimming around in some ice water though......

when does it warm up enough for a Texan to jump in?