Once upon a time, when the Farmer's Wife was a very young girl, my Aunt Margie (pronounced mar-ghee) let my sister and I dress up in her daughter's old prom dresses. It must've made a huge impression in my psyche, because I saved MY prom dress, from 1988/1989, for my daughter to dress up in. And yes, it was big. And yes, it was poofy. And it was very, very pink...with tiny hearts all over the pink parts. Where there wasn't a swath of pink hearts, there was lace or tulle. Think cotton candy, with ribbons. (This was 20 years ago, and I had only $100 of my school janitor cleaning money with which to find a dress. AND I was terribly romantic. All factors in the decision to buy this frothy gown!)
SO, today, after shaking it out and thrilling my daughter, some crazy thought entered my head to try it on! (We are pretty bored. And I had had quite a bit of coffee. Anything is possible.) AND IT FIT!!!! Without sucking in my breath or binding anything....it fit! That made my day. And Maggie really thought I was a queen...she even curtsyed to me. (Wayland laughed, and ran for the camera. )
It was a really fun morning! Sort of like a class reunion in a box, only without the pressure. My kids think I'm crazier, but that's okay. And Maggie is loving the Charlie Brown lunch pail, from 1979, and planning what to hide in it's depths; bless her little heart!
6 comments:
I doubt I could fit into my tux from prom.
That dress is beautiful. I couldn't fit into my wedding dress, much less any of my prom dresses-LOL. CONGRATS Mary...that is wonderful!!
So glad you had a wonderful Sunday with the family...it is so much fun to do stuff like that!!
I am impressed and a whole lot jealous.
Don't be jealous...I was a fat teenager.
That is so not true, you were not a fat teenager and I am so jealous! You look great and like it was lots of fun.
There's no way I'm ever fitting into my prom dress again. :( I did fit into my wedding dress a few years ago, but haven't had the courage to try it on again aince I had Sam.
Sorry I don't leave more comments. The bosses nixed personal use of computers at work and my home computer won't save comments in this format for some reason.
Post a Comment