Thursday, February 12, 2009

Travel MUGS







It just occured to me that all the official members of CUPS had a week off! The Perpetual Hostess, Anne, stayed home and slept in. (RIGHT! She has a 10 month old baby...do YOU think she slept in?) Refreshment Provider, Traci, came to the meeting, but because the GrandCup wanted to make a special dessert, she was off the hook, so to speak. And the Activity Director/Secretary is submitting her report, but we didn't have any activities!






It had been a sick week for the members of CUPS, so it was a real treat to just show up and have a GrandCup fuss over us! And fuss she did. You see the picture of the chocolate cheesecake? (That would be the cheesecake BEFORE we tore into it...) We had REAL whipped cream, for the cheesecake and the coffee. GrandCup is trying to reach goal in WW, so she didn't partake, but we ate her portions, too.






We sat and visited and looked at all the quilt-y projects she has going. The time went really fast, and we had to pack up early to make it to the preschool Valentine party in town. We were there long enough to exchange germs from each sick household and get our chocolate and cream fix. Oh, and the missing CUP called and expressed regret at not being there, but we didn't take her any cheesecake. This is a tough club. Be there or be square.






Next week, we will be meeting at the regular place, regular time....and I'm going to work on a doozy of an activity!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I want my mug to travel to your house! that CHOCOLATE cheesecake looks delicious,too. Perhaps this summer when I have a few days off from being at the camp, I'll travel with my beagle boys so I can be a part of your world!