
There should be a warning on the cold medicine box, right after the "Do not operate heavy machinery while taking this medicine." Something like, "You may experience slight culinery blackouts" or "Cooking while under the influence of this medicine may have hazardous results".
First of all, I'm a fairly instinctive cook. (Translation: doesn't follow recipes well. See #30 in the Farmer's Wife Trivia) My family knows this and doesn't seem concerned; some of my friends are wary...fair enough!
AND I'm stubborn. I decided a few days ago, when I was hearty and hale, that I'd make seafood enchiladas and a sourcream raisin pie with meringue for the family...two of my favorites. (NOT their favorites, but they are good sports.)
Yesterday, I came down with a horrible cold in my chest, throat and head. It's a doozy! I actually think it's a remnant of the cold last week, but I can't prove anything. Anyway, I decided today was the day for the food. AFTER taking some Dayquil. I should've just put the frozen pizza in, like I felt like doing, and we'd all have been better off!
So here's my Suzy Homemaker tip for the day: If you are generally an instinctive cook, and use your nose as a guide, FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR FAMILY JUST WALK OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!
The cats and dogs got a triple helping of warm seafood enchiladas and it turns out I am the only person who likes sour cream meringue pie in this house. Wayland, Maggie and Angus ate PBJ, at my urging, and I went to bed. So bad!
As of 5:00 p.m. , everyone (except me) seems to be feeling fine. The cats look a bit rotund and groggy, but that's probably not food poisoning, it's just gluttony.
4 comments:
I do hope that you are feeling better, dear one - and staying out of the kitchen until you do! =)
Blessings!
Good morning to you!! I'm still laughing about this post. Are you feeling better?! We call things that are burnt in my house "cajun"...my kids didn't realize for a long time that there is a true meaning of cajun rather than it means Mom blackened the grill cheese sandwiches again! hahaha
Happy Saturday...I'm cleaning around the house and then headed to do some grocery shopping, driving my rented metalic blue v-w bug! Fun, fun! SLUG BUG~
Feel better soon! As you know, I'm a timer girl, but we're very different cooks in so many ways. So, when you have a cold, maybe you should rely on one, too! Or, just throw in pizza. Speaking of cooking, I think my husband is about finished with supper! Gotta go, take care!
I just turn the lights down really low and make them eat it! LOL
I hope you are feeling better soon...making note to self, don't cook under the influence of DayQuil!
Post a Comment