
This is part of the Random 25 Things I challenged Traci to. I asked my husband if he could do it, and he said sure, but after some conversation, I realized he was sort of missing the point. So THEN, I asked him if he could come up with 25 random little-known things about me. There was a sort of snort, then he pointed out that when I have a revelation about myself, I usually tell everyone. He suggested looking through my blog from the past year and I would probably find the 25! "Surely NOT!", protests the Farmer's Wife. So I looked. And dadgummit if he isn't right! I'm hoping this list doesn't have repeats of those, but I'm not promising anything.
25 MORE Things About the Farmer's Wife:
1. I can't STAND puzzles...not crossword, not jigsaw, not Sudoku...nothing.
2. I love algebra.
3. Blue was my favorite color until I was 12 years old. Now, you'd be hardpressed to find that color in my house.
4. Someday, I'd like to own a forest green restored 1947 Chevy pickup. It's the ride of my dreams!
5. My favorite duck is a cinnamon teal. Do you have a favorite?
6. Anise or licorice scents make me feel sick.
7. Speaking of sick, cauliflower makes me throw up...and YES, I've tried it with cheese!
8. I think I'm a Southern belle, born too far North.
9. I really, really, really love pretty high heel shoes!
10. Three smells I absolutely swoon for: rain in the summer, horses, the back of a baby's neck.
11. I really only like yellow roses.
12. Tim Conway is my favorite actor.
13. I like weird salads...my friends check them out pretty closely when they come to my house for supper.
14. I've become a book snob, SOB! I nearly can't read contemporary fiction! Narrows my choices, at Walmart.
15. My favorite book in the Bible is Isaiah.
16. Cows smell good to me.
17. I like ruffles on my clothes...not everywhere, but a touch never hurts.
18. I once had a mouse in my kayak (true story). Everyone made it out alive, but neither the mouse or I will ever be the same.
19. (If you are opposed to hunting, go to #20) Shooting or hooking my meat is the greatest rush; cleaning it out is the biggest pain.
20. I can become totally, completely, insanely absorbed in gardening...doing it, reading about it, discussing it.
21. One of my biggest fears in life is growing stagnant; spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically.
22. I have an astounding memory for lines from movies and songs, but not for what's in my refrigerator...
23. I LOVE picnics! Even in the living room.
24. If I could wear clothes like Doris Day wears in Pillow Talk, I'd be a happy woman.
25. My favorite sound in all the world is laughter...particularly from my family.
26. Swimming suits are from Satan.
27. I like pie for breakfast.
28. I like waffles for supper.
29. Carol Burnett....comic genius and can bring me to tears, no matter what.
30. I'm not good with boundaries....such as having 30 things instead of 25.
5 comments:
I had no idea you USED to like blue. Whatever did it do to you?
The beautiful thing about you is that you are a bit like an onion... many, many layers to who you are. When a person thinks they know you, you give them a peak at what's underneath and WAH LAH! There's even more!
Ogers have layers too. where does that leave Mary.
I loved reading this. We have many similar likes/dislikes - but we differ, as well. I LOVE blue and cauliflower and absolutely HATE high heels. =)
Hope your Valentine's Day was perfectly delightful and that your Sabbath will be filled with delighting in Jesus!
Blessings!
We really love, love the list but it begs 3 questions:
1) Isn't algebra a form of puzzle?
2) Can we PLEASE hear the full mouse and kayak story?
3) Can you post some pics of Doris Day attire?
Also glad to see someone else on the planet likes both pie for breakfast and waffles for supper (and still calls it supper!)
Now isn't that the dumbest thing? I KNOW algebra would appear to be a type of puzzle, but it seems to have PURPOSE. What is the point in filling in little squares with letters or cutting a perfectly good piece of cardboard up in random shapes, only to try to put it back together again?!!!
The mouse and the kayak...that's a story for another post. I was much younger and more agile, then, and that's all I'll admit to.
Doris Day! Yes, I'll work on that. I beleive that movie won an award for her wardrobe, if you can imagine! Well, once you see it, you CAN imagine...
Post a Comment